Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Search for the American Camp

Article about: Hello, Today i went on a search for an American Encampment i was told about last week. Detected for 2 hours. No signs of Americans. I had one fork with the broad arrow and a few bits of scra

Default Search for the American Camp

Hello,

Today i went on a search for an American Encampment i was told about last week. Detected for 2 hours. No signs of Americans. I had one fork with the broad arrow and a few bits of scrap and a George 5th penny. So I'm starting to wonder If the site is British, been madly detected or they didn't stay in the area long. It's only a small area, as i was walking back to the car i saw a tree with a broad arrow on it was nice to get out in the fresh air for a few hours

Cheers

John
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Search for the American Camp   Search for the American Camp  

Default Re: Search for the American Camp

military issue tree

Nice finds mate Im certainly looking forward to seeing the tree when its cleaned up perhaps its dated? you're going to need a bit of space to display that.
    LUCKYSTRIKE

I was thinking about planting it in my museum

I am sorry to disappoint you by the WD never commissioned any trees. Four different kinds of bush yes, but no trees. I would think it's a clever fake.

Sorry you didn't find the camp John but I reckon it's there somewhere, you were maybe just off whack a little bit. Have you had a look on google earth to see if you can see the outlines of any huts ? Or perhaps did out a 1940s OS map ?

Steve T