Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here

Slapton sands

Article about: Good evening all !! I have booked Friday off work and I have decided to make the trip to south Devon To pay my respects to all the service men that lost their lives here in April 1944, I am

?

Default Slapton sands

Good evening all !!
    I have booked Friday off work and I have decided to make the trip to south Devon To pay my respects to all the service men that lost their lives here in April 1944, I am hoping to get a few hours detecting in at some point and was wondering if any of you guys that have been there could point me in the right direction as to any areas that are worth a hunt , any help greatfuly received
    All the best jay

Default Re: Slapton sands

If you walk along the shore line you will probably be able to pick up ww2 era items as alot of it is still getting washed up

How did you get on today J?

?

Well errrrrr no ! Had a lovely day with the soon to be mrs h the detecting took second fiddle had an hour or so but all I found was crap ! Awesome place tho and glad to say I have made the long trip down there to pay my respects. It puts it all into perspective when you stand there in a place of such outstanding natural beauty to think of the horrors that went on there nearly 70 years ago

?

Yeah, what a cluster'fcuk'.
    That one went to heck in a handbag and fast.
    Imagine what the Germans must have thought, when they saw what was in front of them.