Slow day but decent finds

Article about: Thank You Guys. Hope to see you there. Dunepray7

Default Re: Slow day but decent finds

Thank You Guys. Hope to see you there.

Dunepray7

packard
    ?

So, i've been looking all over the internet to see if i could find a lighter similar to the one my grandpa gave me. Here is the only thing i'v been able to find. I live in Ohio and the other day my opa who is American born gave me some lighters he carried in vietnam and whatnot. My grandma however grew up in Germany during ww2. In his stash of lighters was one very much like the one on your page. He has no clue of its origins an i would very much like to know where it came from. So if you have any further knowledge of this lighter please re-post that would be great.

packard
    ?

Hey, iv never been the kind to post on threads. Its just not me, but i came across a lighter that my grandma had owned and i would like to know its origins but the "all knowing internet" has nothing on this lighter but this one thread. I became a member just to figure out this little riddle thats conjured up in my brain. Its wagowi made very much like the one earlier in this post but its checkered white and black with a cheap looking "ebony/ivory" finish. Id like to post a pic here soon if i can figure it out lol so if you guys do figure out the origin i would love to hear back.

I think you may be right about the driving band!

I think it is the same one that my Great-Grandfather sent home from Messines ridge!

Is the shell that you show here German?

Curious that I can find nothing about that lighter. I suggest you email the following guy who runs a lighter museum in the states. If anyone is going to know, he will.

tballard8@cox.net

?

Nice finds.
    Ive got a lighter looking a bit like that somewhere - but a more modern rendition.
    Been years since Ive seen it. If I can find it, Ill post a pic.

Yep. Looks like a lighter. I have one that looks like that in my drawer of my desk. My dad had it. But mine is made in the USA.

John

Quote by bradanimal View Post
    Just pulled this from the ground today. Anyone have any idea? Kind of looks like a lighter or something along those lines. The bottom says WAGOWI GUARANTEED BY WAGOWI

Attachment 355359Attachment 355360Attachment 355361Attachment 355362
    I specialize in M1 carbines and Lugers.

Send me pictures. Maybe I can help.
    thanks,

John

Quote by dunepray7 View Post
    Hi Jerry, Anyone/Everyone,
    I'm new to forum. My old friend has given me a WWII Walther PPK with what I have determined to be German military stampings. I am interested in learning from any collector where I can research information on the weapon, and whether I might be able to trace the individual whom the weapon was issued. A short description is that it is polished stainless steal with black grips 7.65. The weapon is in its original flap holster and extra clip. The weapon was captured during the Battle of the Bulge and I have a military document giving permission to transport the weapon back to the United States. I also have the US Customs Declaration on arrival in the US. I have taken photo's to show anyone interested in helping.

TIA
    Dunepray7
    I specialize in M1 carbines and Lugers.

?

Quote by Jerry B View Post
    A lighter for certain, though not a maker I am familiar with, looks very similar to a Ronson, though I assume that many of this type would look similar.
    Agreed. It's a copy of the post-war Ronson Adonis lighter.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2