Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Slow day but decent finds

Article about: Thank You Guys. Hope to see you there. Dunepray7

Default Slow day but decent finds

Out there for an hour or so and only came up with these two war related items. A 20mm that I cant find much info on and an artillery drive band. Any help? Thanks!

EDIT- Its like clockwork, after I post a question I find the answer a couple minutes later. HAHA Oh well

This website is amazing to help identify headstamp codes. The casing is from Raleigh Cycle Co., Lts., Nottingham, England, UK.

Headstamp Codes on Small Arms Ammunition

Slow day but decent findsSlow day but decent findsSlow day but decent findsSlow day but decent findsSlow day but decent finds
    Last edited by bradanimal; 03-21-2012 at 12:58 AM.

Default Re: Slow day but decent finds

Been trying to identify the drive band and the closest match I can find is from a WWI 3.8-inch shrapnel shell.
    Slow day but decent finds

NOTE: I do not own, nor did I find this. Just comparing the band to what I found
    Last edited by bradanimal; 03-21-2012 at 01:04 AM.

The most recent finds from my back yard.

Slow day but decent findsSlow day but decent findsSlow day but decent findsSlow day but decent findsSlow day but decent findsSlow day but decent finds

Any ideas on what Im assuming is a whistle?

Just pulled this from the ground today. Anyone have any idea? Kind of looks like a lighter or something along those lines. The bottom says WAGOWI GUARANTEED BY WAGOWI

Slow day but decent findsSlow day but decent findsSlow day but decent findsSlow day but decent finds

Default Some new finds!

Just started searching a new area in my town and ran across these. Guess I'm working my way up to some better finds.

Slow day but decent findsSlow day but decent findsSlow day but decent findsSlow day but decent findsSlow day but decent finds

Quote by bradanimal View Post
    Just pulled this from the ground today. Anyone have any idea? Kind of looks like a lighter or something along those lines. The bottom says WAGOWI GUARANTEED BY WAGOWI

Slow day but decent findsSlow day but decent findsSlow day but decent findsSlow day but decent finds
    A lighter for certain, though not a maker I am familiar with, looks very similar to a Ronson, though I assume that many of this type would look similar.

The whistle looks cool, Belgian made, though I don't recognise the markings.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

Thanks Jerry,

Yeah Ive been googling the hell out of these items and am not coming up with much.

Hi Jerry, Anyone/Everyone,
    I'm new to forum. My old friend has given me a WWII Walther PPK with what I have determined to be German military stampings. I am interested in learning from any collector where I can research information on the weapon, and whether I might be able to trace the individual whom the weapon was issued. A short description is that it is polished stainless steal with black grips 7.65. The weapon is in its original flap holster and extra clip. The weapon was captured during the Battle of the Bulge and I have a military document giving permission to transport the weapon back to the United States. I also have the US Customs Declaration on arrival in the US. I have taken photo's to show anyone interested in helping.

TIA
    Dunepray7

Quote by dunepray7 View Post
    Hi Jerry, Anyone/Everyone,
    I'm new to forum. My old friend has given me a WWII Walther PPK with what I have determined to be German military stampings. I am interested in learning from any collector where I can research information on the weapon, and whether I might be able to trace the individual whom the weapon was issued. A short description is that it is polished stainless steal with black grips 7.65. The weapon is in its original flap holster and extra clip. The weapon was captured during the Battle of the Bulge and I have a military document giving permission to transport the weapon back to the United States. I also have the US Customs Declaration on arrival in the US. I have taken photo's to show anyone interested in helping.

TIA
    Dunepray7
    Hi and welcome to the forum.

I would suggest posting some pics in the German weapons section and someone will respond who knows more about guns than I do.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast