Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Small things, the Home Front and advice

Article about: Managed a brief trip out digging on our most recent trip to Normandy as we got the holiday home ready for use. MG42 round with links from same place as similar finds last year (German positi

Default Small things, the Home Front and advice

Managed a brief trip out digging on our most recent trip to Normandy as we got the holiday home ready for use. MG42 round with links from same place as similar finds last year (German position close to St Lo). Can only assume that there was a whole belt there somewhere but steel cartidges have now rusted away. Rifle round is I assume K98 and was lying on the track as I walked to the site. Button was a welcome extra. Assume it is from standard infantrymans tunic.

Progress comes in many forms - the display cabinet was a present from my wife: final Small things, the Home Front and adviceSmall things, the Home Front and adviceSmall things, the Home Front and adviceacceptance of my strange hobby maybe?.

Finally, anyone any advice on the best settings for an Xterra 60?

David

Jan
    ?

Default Re: Small things, the Home Front and advice

Hi there ) what a nice litttle array of finds and what a supporting wife

Cheers Jan

Hi, Thanks for sharing your pictures. Nice display as well i used to have a X-Terra 70 but i can't rember what settings i used to use

John

Nice finds and good to see your wife getting into the spirit of things

I once, many years ago, found 64 MG42 bullets plus belt all in one whole. These were also steel casings but I managed to save most. You just can't clean them much as they disintegrate !

Steve T