Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Sniper Scope Find

Article about: Hi, and welcome to the forum! Although the Nazi leadership would have never admitted that the Soviets had some superior equipment, the troops at the front would have had no such political co

Default Sniper Scope Find

I acquired this recently, it was found in the Ardennes last year, anyone tell me more about it, I must admit my knowledge is very limited.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Sniper Scope Find  

Default Re: Sniper Scope Find

About as good as mine , nice find though , cheers Raymond

Soviet PE

Cheers Ade.

Johnnie
    ?

Interesting that a Soviet scope was found in the Ardennes. I have always wondered how much use the Germans may of made of captured Soviet sniper rifles.

Johnnie

The Germans were fond of Soviet scoped Mosin Nagant rifles. They were simple to use and did the job

Cheers, Ade.

?

There was a couple of eastern battailons too, they use mostly of Soviet weapons
    Regards,
    Dimas

my Skype: warrelics

?

Interesting non standard mounting you show there.

Cheers, Ade.

?

yeah Ade. there s lot of mounts///

Mîäåëüíûé ðÿä Ñîâåòñêèõ ñíàéïåðñêèõ âèíòîâîê (updated) - Guns.ru Talks

see for lot of info bout scopes of RKKA

Painmonger
    ?

Quote by Johnnie View Post
    Interesting that a Soviet scope was found in the Ardennes. I have always wondered how much use the Germans may of made of captured Soviet sniper rifles.

Johnnie

I believe most of the world has made good use of captured soviet weapons. I dont know if the germans used much of them. Didn't they usally stick to their Homeland Built weapons? I know we enjoyed Germanys technology at the end of the war, and they were pretty picky; simply using their own stuff . I believe their plan was destroy the world and rebuild in their image. Use of anything they captured was most likely limited to arming the locals who worked for germany during the war. Most likely given to locals working for germany wherever they invaded . Locals considered cannon fodder by the germans and considered traitorous murderers by everyone else. Im assuming the russians built their weapons for use in extremely cold enviorments. Didn't the german army have trouble invading Russia due to the cold? Sticking actions, frezzing to death in your sleep, traversing thousands of miles of icey wasteland, etc. If they used cold enduring Russian Sniper rifles more, they might have had better luck. And I am sure it would have taken more then just soviet sniper rifles to succeed, like heating devices, cold tolent fuel lines, and preventing any other little things like frozen water, frostbite in a cold weather campaign.

So there is my 2 cents. Keep in mind this is entirely my uninformed opinion and I apologize if anything is inaccurate, but my knowledge of the facts is limited to the fragments of my memory.

So forgive my ignorance and I look forward to being set straight on what I think I know.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast