Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

SOE BSC Training Area Finds Camp X Ontario

Article about: Well these are not as exciting as many of the other finds here, however I dug these out this weekend at the site of STS-103 or Camp X You are not allowed to relic hunt on the upper areas, ho

?

Default SOE BSC Training Area Finds Camp X Ontario

Well these are not as exciting as many of the other finds here, however I dug these out this weekend at the site of STS-103 or Camp X

You are not allowed to relic hunt on the upper areas, however the beach and hills leading to them are OK to hunt.
    It is very difficult as it is very overgrown and steep, however here are 2 interesting items I found.
    Later I will post photos of the blown Metal I found.

The first bit is a Mills 1940 dated base plug, the second Item is rather rare, I found a couple of them many years ago before the upper areas were off limits. Those were donated to the Camp X Museum
    It took me 2 years to figure out what they were, I even had on x-rayed to see what was inside.

this item fits in to something that looks like a ciggy case, the long oval brass pice ( shown in the photo) lines up with a slot in the case.
    The case is carried in a pocket and a small coin is pushed into the slot of the case and into the long oval brass piece on the device.

The case is then dropped or thrown into a truck, on a wood pile or fuel dump, and several seconds later this burns at a very high heat..burning what ever it has been thrown into... now I have to find one of those cases!! LOL

Dean O
    Canada

SOE BSC Training Area Finds Camp X OntarioSOE BSC Training Area Finds Camp X OntarioSOE BSC Training Area Finds Camp X OntarioSOE BSC Training Area Finds Camp X OntarioSOE BSC Training Area Finds Camp X OntarioSOE BSC Training Area Finds Camp X OntarioSOE BSC Training Area Finds Camp X OntarioSOE BSC Training Area Finds Camp X Ontario

know this post is a bit old but just had to say great stuff! Do you have any camp x stuff for sale? would love to have a few more pieces in my collection. I'm not to far away from you actually just in Peterborough. Also I dont know how much you have found at camp X but would love to see a topic on everything you have found there!
    Thanks!
    Beau

?

Well nothing I have for Camp X is for sale, all items are used for the annual display we are again putting on at he site.
    I used to help run the Camp X Museum in Whitby ( not Oshawa) until we had to close it, most of the items that we had are on long term loan to CSIS in Ottawa and are displayed in the HQ, other items I have for the displays.
    I was also a member of the Camp X Historical Society for many years until that to went under.
    We are now starting a new group, very small at first, to assist with the displays ect.
    I hope to expand the displays for 2016 and will include a "spy Camp" for Children as we did in the past. We will also have members of a couple of Federal Agencys working with us next year, if all goes well.

Dean
    Canada

thanks for the info! Iv got a few items from metal detecting down at that beach area as well. Nothing to significant but one thing I found interesting was I found a couple of rifle shells in the same hole and they were both tracers. I know Fairburn taught a point and shoot method down there where they were taught to fire without aiming and use an instinctive way of shooting. I was curious if they may have practiced this with just tracers? If you ever need a few items for the annual display let me know.
    Thanks for the response,
    Beau
    (Peterborough ont.)