Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Soldier from the battle of Waterloo found.

Article about: The soldier believed to be British has been found complete with the musket ball that killed him. Rare intact skeleton of 'British' soldier found on site of Waterloo battlefield with musket b

Default Soldier from the battle of Waterloo found.

Default Re: Soldier from the battle of Waterloo found.

another one home.

?

Another one home.

Despite the skull being crushed, it should (assuming that the fragments haven't been lost), be possible to reconstruct it, and from that, reconstruct CB's face.

I hope that this chap can be identified, and laid to rest alongside his comrades.

?

Dave when I read that thread I wondered how earth he would be alive 200 years on? maybe holed up in some barn only coming out at night to find food/water..He would make some survival expert!!!. No but a very thread.would be interesting to find out more about CB.....Thanks for posting Terry.

Amazing~~ Cheers to the archaeologists and their fine efforts. I hope they can locate a unit and name in their
    research. The fact he was buried face up with money in his pocket and arms across his belly...had to've been buried by his countrymen.

R.I.P. for all fallen soldiers!