Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Some finds of last summer near ss camp

Article about: Hi again PZB , did you also dig up the Gebirgsjager badges ? I`d like to see some close up`s of those also cheers Al

?

Default Re: Some finds of last summer near ss camp

Hi again PZB , did you also dig up the Gebirgsjager badges ? I`d like to see some close up`s of those also

cheers Al

hi
    what is the large skull and bones iron device
    please post better image

?

Thx for nice welcome here in the fourm, like it very much!

@Al, these Gebirgsjäger Badges are not relic, but I have found some in the past. I added a relic to the one from my collection.

@Fraser: The skull is made of thin iron, and was found near the ss concetration camp barracks. Imo it was a number plate for the barrack. Near the skull I also found the rest of electric fence!

Br Pzb14
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Some finds of last summer near ss camp   Some finds of last summer near ss camp  

Some finds of last summer near ss camp   Some finds of last summer near ss camp  

Some finds of last summer near ss camp   Some finds of last summer near ss camp  

?

Fantastic finds !!! Welcome to the forum , do you know the History of the camp , waht units were there etc ?

Cheers

Paul
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Thought shall be the harder , heart the keener,
    Courage the greater as our strength faileth.
    Here lies our leader ,in the dust of his greatness.
    Who leaves him now , be damned forever.
    We who are old now shall not leave this Battle,
    But lie at his feet , in the dust with our leader

House Carles at the Battle of Hastings

perhaps skull was warning for electric fence..
    i like it very much..
    looking for new home ??
    ha ha

?

Quote by Paul E View Post
    Fantastic finds !!! Welcome to the forum , do you know the History of the camp , waht units were there etc ?

Cheers

Paul
    Hi Paul, well the unit history is a little hard to find out. There was a concentration camp from end of '43 till US Army came. Some finds like the skull and some small items are from the rest of the ruins there. on the tags there was ss tk stuba mauthausen /G. (gusen) because "my" camp was a subsidary of the bigger mauthausen camp. dog tags had numbers from 600 and higher, I suggest MAuthausen had the one from 0-600.

Many many different ss tags were found around "my place" too because when war ended many SS soldiers tried to get into the "Alpenfestung", where they were caught and prisoned by the US Army. The former barracks of ss concentration camp were used to prison them (so they found there second purpose for about 1 year...). Nowadays almost everything from the camp is destroyed and new buildings are rebuilt there...

When I have time I will show some facts about this camp.

Br Pzb14
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Some finds of last summer near ss camp  

?

PZB , thanks for showing the close ups , and it`s nice to see the rzm marks still visible on the relic example , iv`e been after one of these for a while now but there`s a minefield of rubbish out there . By the way that piece of electric fence is a very poignant find !

cheers Al

?

Quote by pzb14 View Post
    Hi Paul, well the unit history is a little hard to find out. There was a concentration camp from end of '43 till US Army came. Some finds like the skull and some small items are from the rest of the ruins there. on the tags there was ss tk stuba mauthausen /G. (gusen) because "my" camp was a subsidary of the bigger mauthausen camp. dog tags had numbers from 600 and higher, I suggest MAuthausen had the one from 0-600.

Many many different ss tags were found around "my place" too because when war ended many SS soldiers tried to get into the "Alpenfestung", where they were caught and prisoned by the US Army. The former barracks of ss concentration camp were used to prison them (so they found there second purpose for about 1 year...). Nowadays almost everything from the camp is destroyed and new buildings are rebuilt there...

When I have time I will show some facts about this camp.

Br Pzb14
    Thank you , very interesting , so a lot of the tags could have been from the units who had withdrawn into Austria after the fighting in Hungary , Das Reich etc , i look forward to more info etc,

regards

Paul
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Thought shall be the harder , heart the keener,
    Courage the greater as our strength faileth.
    Here lies our leader ,in the dust of his greatness.
    Who leaves him now , be damned forever.
    We who are old now shall not leave this Battle,
    But lie at his feet , in the dust with our leader

House Carles at the Battle of Hastings

?

Quote by ALLERBERGER View Post
    PZB , thanks for showing the close ups , and it`s nice to see the rzm marks still visible on the relic example , iv`e been after one of these for a while now but there`s a minefield of rubbish out there . By the way that piece of electric fence is a very poignant find !

cheers Al
    Hi AL, the thin SA/HJ Hochland Edelweis badges have to be RZM marked, the other one, common Gebirgsjäger Hat Edelweis are not RZM marked. Most of them are unmarked or G.B. + year (40,41,...)-

Br Pzb14

?

PZB , thanks for that info , i appreciate it I wondered what the smaller version was !!

cheers Al

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast