Become our sponsor and display your banner here
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Some ground dug awards from Kurland Kessel (Latvia)

Article about: Put them in the classifieds mate !!

Default Some ground dug awards from Kurland Kessel (Latvia)

I have not found them myself, just got by mail yesterday. All are found from Kurland as a 1 lot. Actually there were also some EK-s and Inf. Sturm badges buried together. Perhaps Germans just wanted to get rid of all awards before surrender to Soviets. If You are interested in any, You can send me a private message.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture IMG_9079.jpg   IMG_9080.jpg  

IMG_9081.jpg   IMG_9082.jpg  

IMG_9083.jpg   IMG_9084.jpg  

IMG_9085.jpg   IMG_9086.jpg  

?

Default Re: Some ground dug awards from Kurland Kessel (Latvia)

Looks like a surrender stash , maybe from the positions of 290 Infanterie Divison as they were Demjansk fighters !!
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Thought shall be the harder , heart the keener,
    Courage the greater as our strength faileth.
    Here lies our leader ,in the dust of his greatness.
    Who leaves him now , be damned forever.
    We who are old now shall not leave this Battle,
    But lie at his feet , in the dust with our leader

House Carles at the Battle of Hastings

It is ammazing how many Nahkampfspanges are found in Kurland. It is a pretty rare award given only to the real frontline fighters. Recently was found a lot with more than 10 Nahkampfspanges and even 1 DKiG. Kurland still has some great unfind treasures.

Wow, Im coming over to go relic hunting with you. They have their own very special appeal.

?

Quote by Frundsberg View Post
    It is ammazing how many Nahkampfspanges are found in Kurland. It is a pretty rare award given only to the real frontline fighters. Recently was found a lot with more than 10 Nahkampfspanges and even 1 Deutsche Kreuz in Gold. Kurland still has some great unfind treasures.
    Very true , when i was there in May 2011 nearly 30 Nahkampfspange were found in the same area , from other things that were found it was possibly a Regimental or Divisonal HQ !! In the Kurland Kessel Nahkampftag were coming thick and fast i suppose especially for those that had been fighting for a long time !!
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Thought shall be the harder , heart the keener,
    Courage the greater as our strength faileth.
    Here lies our leader ,in the dust of his greatness.
    Who leaves him now , be damned forever.
    We who are old now shall not leave this Battle,
    But lie at his feet , in the dust with our leader

House Carles at the Battle of Hastings

Hehe

during one our digs in Kurland a couple of years back my buddy (a foreign volunteer, just like me : )) had similar luck: I remember him finding three or four Nahkampfspanges. He and one of the local Diggers always finds the good stuff- one found a G43 and a P38 in a swamp I had gone over with the detector earlier that day, and another found a whole set of LW dinnerplats and such. What did I find then? A discharged Panzerfaust and some shrapnel : (

Quote by Hanselshrn View Post
    Hehe

during one our digs in Kurland a couple of years back my buddy (a foreign volunteer, just like me : )) had similar luck: I remember him finding three or four Nahkampfspanges. He and one of the local Diggers always finds the good stuff- one found a G43 and a P38 in a swamp I had gone over with the detector earlier that day, and another found a whole set of Luftwaffe dinnerplats and such. What did I find then? A discharged Panzerfaust and some shrapnel : (
    Sounds like you might need to invest in a better and stronger metal detector.

Looks like your in box is full!!

Sorry, it is OK now.

If anyone is interested, 2 Spanges (1 and 3) are still available + little Totenkopf collar tab badge.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast