Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Some ground dug awards from Kurland Kessel (Latvia)

Article about: Put them in the classifieds mate !!

Default Some ground dug awards from Kurland Kessel (Latvia)

I have not found them myself, just got by mail yesterday. All are found from Kurland as a 1 lot. Actually there were also some EK-s and Inf. Sturm badges buried together. Perhaps Germans just wanted to get rid of all awards before surrender to Soviets. If You are interested in any, You can send me a private message.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Some ground dug awards from  Kurland Kessel (Latvia)   Some ground dug awards from  Kurland Kessel (Latvia)  

Some ground dug awards from  Kurland Kessel (Latvia)   Some ground dug awards from  Kurland Kessel (Latvia)  

Some ground dug awards from  Kurland Kessel (Latvia)   Some ground dug awards from  Kurland Kessel (Latvia)  

?

Default Re: Some ground dug awards from Kurland Kessel (Latvia)

Looks like a surrender stash , maybe from the positions of 290 Infanterie Divison as they were Demjansk fighters !!
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Thought shall be the harder , heart the keener,
    Courage the greater as our strength faileth.
    Here lies our leader ,in the dust of his greatness.
    Who leaves him now , be damned forever.
    We who are old now shall not leave this Battle,
    But lie at his feet , in the dust with our leader

House Carles at the Battle of Hastings

It is ammazing how many Nahkampfspanges are found in Kurland. It is a pretty rare award given only to the real frontline fighters. Recently was found a lot with more than 10 Nahkampfspanges and even 1 DKiG. Kurland still has some great unfind treasures.

Wow, Im coming over to go relic hunting with you. They have their own very special appeal.

?

Quote by Frundsberg View Post
    It is ammazing how many Nahkampfspanges are found in Kurland. It is a pretty rare award given only to the real frontline fighters. Recently was found a lot with more than 10 Nahkampfspanges and even 1 Deutsche Kreuz in Gold. Kurland still has some great unfind treasures.
    Very true , when i was there in May 2011 nearly 30 Nahkampfspange were found in the same area , from other things that were found it was possibly a Regimental or Divisonal HQ !! In the Kurland Kessel Nahkampftag were coming thick and fast i suppose especially for those that had been fighting for a long time !!
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Thought shall be the harder , heart the keener,
    Courage the greater as our strength faileth.
    Here lies our leader ,in the dust of his greatness.
    Who leaves him now , be damned forever.
    We who are old now shall not leave this Battle,
    But lie at his feet , in the dust with our leader

House Carles at the Battle of Hastings

Hehe

during one our digs in Kurland a couple of years back my buddy (a foreign volunteer, just like me : )) had similar luck: I remember him finding three or four Nahkampfspanges. He and one of the local Diggers always finds the good stuff- one found a G43 and a P38 in a swamp I had gone over with the detector earlier that day, and another found a whole set of LW dinnerplats and such. What did I find then? A discharged Panzerfaust and some shrapnel : (

Quote by Hanselshrn View Post
    Hehe

during one our digs in Kurland a couple of years back my buddy (a foreign volunteer, just like me : )) had similar luck: I remember him finding three or four Nahkampfspanges. He and one of the local Diggers always finds the good stuff- one found a G43 and a P38 in a swamp I had gone over with the detector earlier that day, and another found a whole set of Luftwaffe dinnerplats and such. What did I find then? A discharged Panzerfaust and some shrapnel : (
    Sounds like you might need to invest in a better and stronger metal detector.

Looks like your in box is full!!

Sorry, it is OK now.

If anyone is interested, 2 Spanges (1 and 3) are still available + little Totenkopf collar tab badge.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast