Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Some of my Aircraft relic collection.

Article about: Thought I would just share a few pictures of some of my collection,Which has been put away for many years,Now I am picking up the hobby again and finding things in the loft long ago forgotte

?

Default Some of my Aircraft relic collection.

Thought I would just share a few pictures of some of my collection,Which has been put away for many years,Now I am picking up the hobby again and finding things in the loft long ago forgotten.Will add more when time allows.
    The Oxy regulator is from a Hurricane which crashed in kent,The access panel is from a ME110 which also crashed in kent and the saddle drums are from different A/C A JU88,DO17 and a DO217.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture IMG_1269.jpg   IMG_1266.jpg  

IMG_1268.jpg  

Default Re: Some of my Aircraft relic collection.

Great stuff
    Keep the picture's coming!

Andy

great stuff - particularly like the doppeltrommel - found one of these myself in Normandy and have a soft spot for them in relic condition

did you recover these yourself?

?

I recovered one the other two came to me through a trade, I did have another that came from Bastogne,But that was traded many years ago.

?

The mags are in very nice condition The lat one i found just fell apart.

Regards, Lars

welcome to the forum mossie,perhaps our paths have already crossed.harry

?

Hi Lars,Yes I have lost a couple of mags due to them falling apart,These have survived due to being buried at depth.

Hi Harry,Not sure,Started digging in the early 90's,Picking it up again after a break.

?

Quote by mossie View Post
    Hi Lars,Yes I have lost a couple of mags due to them falling apart,These have survived due to being buried at depth.

Hi Harry,Not sure,Started digging in the early 90's,Picking it up again after a break.
    Digging will never really get out of your system once you've started

Regards, Lars

Some great pieces there mossie Thanks for sharing. Post more !

?

Some more from the collection,The corroded prop is from a Stirling bomber which crashed a mile from my home,I did not recover this but I bought from the guy who did,But I did visit this site when I was younger and found a few bits,I still have them somewhere and will post them when I have found them.

The prop with the paint on is a P38 lightning which came down in Norfolk.

The oxy cynlinder in front of the props is from a Hurricane.

The piston and valve is from a ME110,This lived in a carrier bag for years until I found time to mount it.

And lastly the stainless part is from a Hurricanes browning machine gun,This plane came down in France.

Still lots more to follow
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture IMG_1274.jpg   IMG_1272.jpg  

IMG_1271.jpg  

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast