Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Some stuff found in Belgium

Article about: Nice finds but I do not suggest to make such pictures where You are with panzerfaust or ammo. I'm 100% positive that it is not legal to own panzerfausts in Belgium. So please think what will

Default Re: Some stuff found in Belgium

That is true,
    It is illegal, I have read the thread in the link. Tough many times we go out for metal detecting, we encoutered the law inforcements, and most of the time they had more interest in what we were doeing than to see if its ilegal or not.
    Many place we go hunt is private area, like forest in the town I live. We know owners and they dont seem to be bothered with it.
    I would like to give more information about the locations, but in some way I like to keep it to myself, before I return and see that someone else went over the same area...

Hey Ollie,
    First of all welcome to the forum and very nice finds.
    But as some of the esteemed members and moderators have pointed out to you, IT IS ILLEGAL TO DETECT AND DIG ON PUBLIC PROPERTY.
    If diggin on privat propperty, always secure a written and signed permit from the land owner, so you are protected against overzealous police officers, forresters and game-keepers.
    You are lucky if they only confiscate your MD if caught, if they find live ammo on you, you're in for a world of pain.(fines, prison centences depending on the ammount they find and a free clean-up of your house by the federal police)
    Don't burrow back live ammo, if you do, you are leaving it for the next one to find and endanger his life.
    Buy yourself a inertia hammer, you can deactivate safely almost any small arms ammo with it.(except rimfire cartridges)
    Allways notify the local police when larger ordonnance is found.
    The best thing I learned is, "Know your ammo, but never trust it"
    If you need any help regarding the law or what can and can't be done etc, send me a PM, I'll be glad to help you out.

Regards,
    Steven

?

Quote by WW2Hunter View Post
    Hey Ollie,
    First of all welcome to the forum and very nice finds.
    But as some of the esteemed members and moderators have pointed out to you, IT IS ILLEGAL TO DETECT AND DIG ON PUBLIC PROPERTY.
    If diggin on privat propperty, always secure a written and signed permit from the land owner, so you are protected against overzealous police officers, forresters and game-keepers.
    You are lucky if they only confiscate your MD if caught, if they find live ammo on you, you're in for a world of pain.(fines, prison centences depending on the ammount they find and a free clean-up of your house by the federal police)
    Don't burrow back live ammo, if you do, you are leaving it for the next one to find and endanger his life.
    Buy yourself a inertia hammer, you can deactivate safely almost any small arms ammo with it.(except rimfire cartridges)
    Allways notify the local police when larger ordonnance is found.
    The best thing I learned is, "Know your ammo, but never trust it"
    If you need any help regarding the law or what can and can't be done etc, send me a PM, I'll be glad to help you out.

Regards,
    Steven
    Many thanks Steven for your input and knowledge
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Thought shall be the harder , heart the keener,
    Courage the greater as our strength faileth.
    Here lies our leader ,in the dust of his greatness.
    Who leaves him now , be damned forever.
    We who are old now shall not leave this Battle,
    But lie at his feet , in the dust with our leader

House Carles at the Battle of Hastings

Quote by stuka f View Post
    Hey Ollie Digger, i am also Flemish member of the Dutch forum; I know they are very quick to cick someone off, but they do have theyre regulations concerning ammo and weapons. It happend to me too to post a controversial (to them!!) item with out thinking, I got a rebuke for that.
    But there is a general rule on all fora for using different pseudo's; that it is prohibited.
    ;-)
    cheers
    |<ris
    (krisitaan on OVo nl)
    Ik las je post op ovo!
    Ik zou niet weten waarom ik hier met 1 been buiten sta joh.
    Persoonlijk heb ik niks tegen je, maar zo een loos argument gaat niet ongehoord voorbij.
    rare vent ben jij!
    "life time member" ha ha

ollie,
    don't forget you are here as a guest, just like all of us!
    One of the rules on thise forum is to post in the English language, so please at least have the courtesy of translating your last post.
    I saw on OVo that a friend of you stood up for you, and said you are a nice guy in real live, so please try to be the same guy in thise virtual world as well.
    You showed up here with a "attitude" that wasn't appreciated by most of the people that reacted on your threads; as one would be able to read between the lines.
    I can tell you right now that you will not last very long on thise (or any other) forum with that mentality.
    Like I daid on OVo,the virtual world often changes some one into a person they are not! I experienced that on several occassions.
    As it seems we are neighbours, I am very willing to meet you in real live, any time any place!
    And don't go ; "haha" on a life time member!! It is the only thing i have achieved in my life!! ;-)
    cheers
    |<ris
    Always looking for Belgian Congo stuff!
    http://out-of-congo.eklablog.com/

cheers
    |<ris

Ok, my bad.

Sorry for the post then,
    I just dont know how I seem to have started with a wrong mentality.
    I posted some of our finds, like many other do and did before me.
    I'm fairly new to this forum, especially new to a non native speaking one.
    Reading between the lines is a new art to understand.
    I just pointed out the "life time member" to your post on OVO.
    It didnt looked much like a reply you would put in a nice way.

And maybe if you did not achieve anything in life, concider becoming a diver.
    I would gladly help you out with that!

HEY!!
    your the guy who took the live rounds home, and one of the fosfor rounds blew up in your face right?
    Is everything healing ok?

greets

Great finds! Shame the focus can't be on them rather than the comments on whats legal or not? I am sure the guy is adult enough to take responsibility for his actions.
    Surprised so many mods taking it off topic as well? Seems to be an obsession on this forum more so than the relics themselves!

Back on topic ... The ammo boxes are in amazing condition inside ... Were they together and burried very deep?

Quote by larstpak View Post
    HEY!!
    your the guy who took the live rounds home, and one of the fosfor rounds blew up in your face right?
    Is everything healing ok?

greets
    He'll never play the violin again.......
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

?

Quote by watchcam View Post
    Great finds! Shame the focus can't be on them rather than the comments on whats legal or not? I am sure the guy is adult enough to take responsibility for his actions.
    Surprised so many mods taking it off topic as well? Seems to be an obsession on this forum more so than the relics themselves!

Back on topic ... The ammo boxes are in amazing condition inside ... Were they together and burried very deep?
    What don't you understand about the fact that the forum is interested in all digs /finds/relics etc but we do not condone illegal digging or law breaking ??
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Thought shall be the harder , heart the keener,
    Courage the greater as our strength faileth.
    Here lies our leader ,in the dust of his greatness.
    Who leaves him now , be damned forever.
    We who are old now shall not leave this Battle,
    But lie at his feet , in the dust with our leader

House Carles at the Battle of Hastings

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast