MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Some of todays 8th air force dump finds

Article about: Hear are some of todays finds from my 8th air force dup. I say some because its just started raining hear so i dont fancy being outside cleaning them. First are some of the .50cal shells. I

Default Some of todays 8th air force dump finds

Hear are some of todays finds from my 8th air force dup. I say some because its just started raining hear so i dont fancy being outside cleaning them.
    First are some of the .50cal shells. I dont normally bring these home but im after as many as i can get at the moment because im cleaning them and belting them back up again.
    The throat mic is really good & its in top order (if only it could talk)
    A load of tooth brushes and a tooth paste tube. there is a lense from a flying goggle a really sweet after shave bottle and two more dog tags (allways good to find) and last is a insurance card from the PACIFIC MUTUAL LIFE INSURANCE COMPANY. Going to scan this later so you can see it better. And a box full of stuff i havent cleaned yet.

Hope you like
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Some of todays 8th air force dump finds   Some of todays 8th air force dump finds  

Some of todays 8th air force dump finds   Some of todays 8th air force dump finds  

Some of todays 8th air force dump finds   Some of todays 8th air force dump finds  

Default Re: Some of todays 8th air force dump finds

Cool stuff! keep uop the good finds

Regards,
    Finn

Hears the scan of the card
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Some of todays 8th air force dump finds   Some of todays 8th air force dump finds  

Ow the thing in the middle of photo 2 that looks like a pair of metal glasses is 2 pennys welded together.

why would someone weld two penny's together?

Quote by Rommel1942 View Post
    why would someone weld two penny's together?
    Must have had to much time on there hands i suppose?? Maybe they were trying to make a bigger piece of trench art and this was part of it?? Who knows...

I guess.. yet another mystery!

Right cleaning has been slow but this is a couple of photos of a compass i found. Iwant sure if it was a compass or pocket watch but i managed to carefully clean it up in bye soaking it in wd40 for ages then cleaning some more i got the seal clean and managed to pop it open. Now it opens and closes like a new one. Hope you like

This is a better shot of the T30 throat mic.

Last edited by 381st digger; 09-11-2010 at 12:11 PM.

Outstanding finds, you've done a remarkable job on that compass restoration a very nice relic. I also like the throat mic well done and thanks for posting.
    LUCKYSTRIKE

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast