Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 112 of 222 FirstFirst ... 12 62 102 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 122 162 212 ... LastLast
Results 1,111 to 1,120 of 2215

Stalingrad: digging near Gorodisсhe & Gumrak

Article about: by Sebastien I have not the metal detector I am feeling my ass where to dig Right now I have eyes, hands, feet and my spade is all that I use in my hobby

Default Re: Stalingrad: digging near Gorodisсhe & Gumrak

Thank you guys! I am glad that you like my hobby. But I have a little timeI should work ...

Here is some information about the situation in the prison camp in Be****vka...

Use Google translator...

÷ïåîîáñ ìéôåòáôõòá --[ ÷ÏÅÎÎÁÑ ÉÓÔÏÒÉÑ ]-- âÉ×ÏÒ ü. óÔÁÌÉÎÇÒÁÄ

http://maxpark.com/community/14/content/1726371

Quote by porfiris View Post
    Hello everyone
    my name is Dimitris and I live in Athens, Greece.
    I really got excited by Sebastien's great findings in Stalingrad.
    I have been obsessed since my childhood with that battle and I wish I visit this city someday. My secret desire is to get involved in some digging around there but I don't know if it is possible.
    As long as I read this thread I feel Sebastien's anxiety to find a relic buried somewhere out there and thus it is as I am there too...
    I wonder if my desire will ever come true...
    Hi Dimitris! Try visit Crete... There are a lot of items to dig there... No comparison with Stalingrad of course but what else can you do??

?

Several of us arrange tours to the Battlefields on the Eastern Front. You can contact me and Paul E. I don't know if Sebastien do tours.

Regards, Lars

Quote by Sebastien View Post
    Yeah, we are lucky because we have two shells
    That thing is BIIIG...

Hey Sebastian!!! I saw your thread and read it in one breath!!! Amazing stuff lays out there just waiting for someone to dig the dirt off them... Keep the photos coming mate!!! Cheers from Greece!

Thank you for your attention to my topic ...

Today is my day off at work, it's very good. I was not looking for relics a long time ...

My friends and I were walking near the village Gorodische

These are the first findings... teaspoon, stainless steel, made​in Ukraine, befor ww2.

all findings

Helmets are very bad condition, M40

Stalingrad: digging near Gorodisсhe & Gumrak Stalingrad: digging near Gorodisсhe & Gumrak

knife, inox

And my friend found ancient finds. Arrowhead. This Sarmatians, an ancient people, they lived between the rivers Don and Volga, 5th century BC to the 4th century AD

?

Nice finds. The arrowhead as well.

I can only speak for myself, but I very much appreciate your photoes and comment - even when you dont post ground found items, your posts are highly interesting.

Please continue to take pics of your walks and show us the locations of battles now long in the past. The city factory pics were great. Thank you.

bmwhacker
    ?

Thanks for taking us along on your adventures Sebastian.
    We don't have any locations here for that type of archeology.
    I grew up near one of the great Indian Wars Battle sites in Western Montana. Custer Battlefield.
    After the battle in 1876, the U.S. Army built a Cavalry Fort, "Fort Custer" about 12 miles from the battle site. Back in the early 60's, a friend and I found an old dump site from the fort in a ravine. Spent many hours digging up old U.S. Army relics from the 1800's. Mostly old bottles, but a few buttons, belt buckles, lots of uniform tatters & leather debris. We dug the site out, but I'm sure there are other locations in the area. The land owner is a friend so maybe I'll go back there some day to dig some more.
    Again, Thanks for sharing all this. Love seeing the relics and one can only imagine the stories behind some of the items. A lot of tradgedy, suffering and loss.

Particularly impressive is the Samartian arrow point. It makes a person think, when holding something straight from the ground where it's laid for perhaps 2600 years or more right where it fell-perhaps locked inside the body of a killed enemy whose remains have long since completely vanished through time. Amazing find!
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

This Sunday we were back in the north of Stalingrad.

Erzovka Point.

Attachment 506537

Surround back position of the Red Army

We dug up: Early ammo box PPSh-41, 4 steel helmets SSh-40...

Stalingrad: digging near Gorodisсhe & GumrakStalingrad: digging near Gorodisсhe & GumrakStalingrad: digging near Gorodisсhe & GumrakStalingrad: digging near Gorodisсhe & GumrakStalingrad: digging near Gorodisсhe & Gumrak
    Last edited by Paul D; 02-22-2019 at 09:19 PM.