Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 12 of 222 FirstFirst ... 2 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 22 62 112 ... LastLast

Stalingrad: digging near Gorodisсhe & Gumrak

Article about: by Sebastien I have not the metal detector I am feeling my ass where to dig Right now I have eyes, hands, feet and my spade is all that I use in my hobby

Default Re: Stalingrad: digging near Gorodisсhe & Gumrak

Quote by Sebastien View Post
    I have not the metal detector
    I am feeling my ass where to dig
    Right now I have eyes, hands, feet and my spade is all that I use in my hobby

Awesome finds.

The bullet holes in that German water bottle.......... chilling

Keep up the good work.

Steve T

Hi Sebastian, great photos, I have several questions for you - do you have permits or pernission from the landowners for digging in the fields? If yes, why are the faces of the digger obscured in the photos? Why are you not using metal detectors? The local russian law states that only authorised metal detectors can be used and licensed within the Stalingrad battleground, as this covers several hundred thousand miles how were you able to discover metal remains without a detector - can you confirm that you have submitted all the detected remains to the relevant authorities including artefacts? If yes why was there a delay as there appears to be fully exacavated remains in your photos? You also show photos that were excavated out of season, so therefore no permits would have been issued. Can you confirm that all artefacts have been handed over to the relevant authorities and provide a receipt for such item to the local authorities. It seems fron your digging you appear to pick just any old location, which conflicts with the timing of an issue of a permit to a carefully selected area?

Quote by shuggymac1 View Post
    Hi Sebastian, great photos, I have several questions for you - do you have permits or pernission from the landowners for digging in the fields? If yes, why are the faces of the digger obscured in the photos? Why are you not using metal detectors? The local russian law states that only authorised metal detectors can be used and licensed within the Stalingrad battleground, as this covers several hundred thousand miles how were you able to discover metal remains without a detector - can you confirm that you have submitted all the detected remains to the relevant authorities including artefacts? If yes why was there a delay as there appears to be fully exacavated remains in your photos? You also show photos that were excavated out of season, so therefore no permits would have been issued. Can you confirm that all artefacts have been handed over to the relevant authorities and provide a receipt for such item to the local authorities. It seems fron your digging you appear to pick just any old location, which conflicts with the timing of an issue of a permit to a carefully selected area?
    Oh No , here we go .

Well done with the finds Sebastien! Keep us posted mate.
    Love that helmet and flare gun!

?

All this talk about permits and breaking the law ..Just keep digging sebastian, as long as you inform the people in charge about the human remains , then the rest is fair game.

Quote by shuggymac1 View Post
    Hi, thank you for your questions.
    Military Archaeology is my hobby!!! I want to dig - I dig, so I do not care about the permits or pernission.
    I have not metal detector because I have not enough money to buy it.

Still working Sebastien, nice work

Quote by rexii View Post
    All this talk about permits and breaking the law ..Just keep digging sebastian, as long as you inform the people in charge about the human remains , then the rest is fair game.
    Spot on!

Sebastien, do you pass on any items to the history department at the university and do they show any interest in what you are doing and finding so well? I would hope they do. It's their history too.

Martyn.

ian
    ?

see thread sun news paper

Page 12 of 222 FirstFirst ... 2 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 22 62 112 ... LastLast