Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 125 of 222 FirstFirst ... 25 75 115 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 135 175 ... LastLast
Results 1,241 to 1,250 of 2215

Stalingrad: digging near Gorodisсhe & Gumrak

Article about: by Sebastien I have not the metal detector I am feeling my ass where to dig Right now I have eyes, hands, feet and my spade is all that I use in my hobby

Quote by Paul E View Post
    A good way of checking the authenticity Glenn!!
    Of course. If the seller is located in Latvia but sells relics from Stalingrad or Narva then no one can know for sure. It needs a leap of faith. Better to wait until you find a guy from that specific location and buy with confidence.
    Looking for the photo albums of Leutnant Emil Freitag, 3. / G.R. 377

Many of the Stalingrad diggers will not trouble themselves with helmets unless they are in remarkable condition or rare. The International Shipping costs for such things are terrible from Russia. They also must go through Customs in Moscow before they will finally be released for overseas shipment, and the whole process can literally take months. The diggers generally content themselves with selling smalls, as they are much easier and simpler-not to mention Cheaper to send.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Quote by Glenn66 View Post
    Hi Chris, who was the seller?
    A guy named Pavel Nowack,or something like that,hehehe?

Quote by sebfrench76 View Post
    A guy named Pavel Nowack,or something like that,hehehe?
    No since i got the helmet
    Looking for the photo albums of Leutnant Emil Freitag, 3. / G.R. 377

amazed....

Well, what is so special about Stalingrad? It was one of the most famous battlefields in WWII and of course there are many relics. Much more than in Normandy for example. I have also seen these rusty helmets on eBay. Actually I can not understand who is willing to sell them for such a small price like 20-30 dollars.

?

That sounds crazy!

I do not know the prices in Russia but for $20-30 You can not even buy a gasoline for a digging trip. I remember the days in 1990-ies when You had $100 and You were the king but these times are gone for ever. There are many diggers in Stalingrad area and also in other parts of Russia but the main problem is that shipping takes very long time and it is not so easy to send any relics out of the country.

?

That price sounds very low. Here helmets are not that cheap. Not even in the villages i think. Well, some places. I bought a helmet and a Jerry can and a broken Reichwehr buckle for about 100$. German stuff is generally high priced here.

I should have some cool relics from the battle shortly, from arguably the most important few miles of the front and the whole war