Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 13 of 222 FirstFirst ... 3 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 23 63 113 ... LastLast

Stalingrad: digging near Gorodisсhe & Gumrak

Article about: by Sebastien I have not the metal detector I am feeling my ass where to dig Right now I have eyes, hands, feet and my spade is all that I use in my hobby

Default Re: Stalingrad: digging near Gorodisсhe & Gumrak

There is another thread not far from here where someone is actualy selling items found. That history is lost and the story of the items never properly understood.

I'm not aware of items on this thread being sold on (atleast I hope not), just pictures of a lad and his hobby.

Sebastian, stay clear of trouble ok.

Martyn.

?

Very intresting thread, more so as I just finished reading a book about the battle of Stalingrad.
    I have few Russian relics myself:

2nd from top on the right is a *Finn Capture* Model 91 dated 1904.

1/4in plate:

The small grey marks are from my kids .22 Savage. The holes are from 7.62x54R & .303 British.

Mosins are fun at night....

Quote by shuggymac1 View Post
    Hi Sebastian, great photos, I have several questions for you - do you have permits or pernission from the landowners for digging in the fields? If yes, why are the faces of the digger obscured in the photos? Why are you not using metal detectors? The local russian law states that only authorised metal detectors can be used and licensed within the Stalingrad battleground, as this covers several hundred thousand miles how were you able to discover metal remains without a detector - can you confirm that you have submitted all the detected remains to the relevant authorities including artefacts? If yes why was there a delay as there appears to be fully exacavated remains in your photos? You also show photos that were excavated out of season, so therefore no permits would have been issued. Can you confirm that all artefacts have been handed over to the relevant authorities and provide a receipt for such item to the local authorities. It seems fron your digging you appear to pick just any old location, which conflicts with the timing of an issue of a permit to a carefully selected area?
    for gods sake man..
    are you the dig police or what,
    if these threads upset you..
    DONT READ THEM..
    your crass comments are most unwelcome..
    fraser

?

Quote by fritztk View Post
    for gods sake man..
    are you the dig police or what,
    if these threads upset you..
    DONT READ THEM..
    your crass comments are most unwelcome..
    fraser

The only thing that struck me as odd is that none of the Russian dig threads I've loooked at on here seem to have recovered any firearms. What are the odds?

Last edited by shuggymac1; 05-23-2010 at 03:04 PM.

HEY guys, stop!!!
    Do not litter in my topic for its loose talk!!!
    It would be better talked about things that I dug up (would help me in determining the origin of the military history of the subject)!!!
    What I create a danger??????? Here in Russia, real danger make by those guys who drive Porsche Cayenne and like that! This guys in a week earn as much money as my mother in a year and I doubt that it is honest money...
    Last edited by Sebastien; 05-23-2010 at 08:24 PM. Reason: Expletives

?

Sebastien don't worry and do your part.
    Dig and make pics, thats all

I love when people express themselves on topics about which they have no idea...

Pozdrawiam.
    Paul.

Sebastien still digging. dont waste your time...
    Still posting photos.

?

keep on the good work Sebastian

Hey Sebastian 99% of people who visit this site injoy your posts , i being one of them, so keep it up mate you have alot of surport out here .
    You will also find the ones that moan about digging relics and such in Russia have no idea of the place and the people that live there , haveing a piece of paper saying you are an archeologist and have a permit to dig in a spot in Russia doesnt mean you know the Russian way of life and what its like to make a liveing in this Country ,or that what you are doing is write, and what a young guy liveing there is doing is wrong .
    I personaly dont find any wrong in what you are doing , far from it , as long as the fallen soldaten are treated with respect and so far i see nothing to make me feel otherwize .
    So my friend you keep digging , and posting , and send those fallen home
    Cheers from New Zealand , Raymond

Page 13 of 222 FirstFirst ... 3 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 23 63 113 ... LastLast