Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 17 of 222 FirstFirst ... 7 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 27 67 117 ... LastLast

Stalingrad: digging near Gorodisсhe & Gumrak

Article about: by Sebastien I have not the metal detector I am feeling my ass where to dig Right now I have eyes, hands, feet and my spade is all that I use in my hobby

Default Re: Stalingrad: digging near Gorodisсhe & Gumrak

I was thinking the same thing Paul, I just hope that post was some sort of sick joke or sarcasm

Thanks

Danny

?

I took his words in the context of what was asked of him was already covered in the thread.

I figured it was just a flippant remark that meant something to the effect of, "why are you asking me that, I already covered that,if you'll just read the whole thread".

I know it can be frustrating when someone just asks something of you without taking any thought or doing any research or really paying attention to what you have already covered.

Which is in print, and can be read plainly....plainly, I say for the 4th time.....

?

Quote by GasMasksUK View Post
    I was thinking the same thing Paul, I just hope that post was some sort of sick joke or sarcasm

Thanks

Danny
    I'm sure your right Danny but not the sort of comment i want to see here
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Thought shall be the harder , heart the keener,
    Courage the greater as our strength faileth.
    Here lies our leader ,in the dust of his greatness.
    Who leaves him now , be damned forever.
    We who are old now shall not leave this Battle,
    But lie at his feet , in the dust with our leader

House Carles at the Battle of Hastings

It's unfortunate that the matter arose and marred a good thread. If people read the entire thread and not just looked at the pictures....

Let's hope our good friend Sebastien returns with more fruits of his labour for us eh? Then we can move on.

Martyn.

being that I just started collecting, I really enjoyed all the pic's, and I agree he said several times he did the right thing about the remains that he found. the helmet and belt buckle were really nice finds.

best regards Marty

Hello everyone
    my name is Dimitris and I live in Athens, Greece.
    I really got excited by Sebastien's great findings in Stalingrad.
    I have been obsessed since my childhood with that battle and I wish I visit this city someday. My secret desire is to get involved in some digging around there but I don't know if it is possible.
    As long as I read this thread I feel Sebastien's anxiety to find a relic buried somewhere out there and thus it is as I am there too...
    I wonder if my desire will ever come true...

?

Welcome Dimitris i am sure you will find much to interest you here !!
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Thought shall be the harder , heart the keener,
    Courage the greater as our strength faileth.
    Here lies our leader ,in the dust of his greatness.
    Who leaves him now , be damned forever.
    We who are old now shall not leave this Battle,
    But lie at his feet , in the dust with our leader

House Carles at the Battle of Hastings

Quote by porfiris View Post
    Hello everyone
    my name is Dimitris and I live in Athens, Greece.
    I really got excited by Sebastien's great findings in Stalingrad.
    I have been obsessed since my childhood with that battle and I wish I visit this city someday. My secret desire is to get involved in some digging around there but I don't know if it is possible.
    As long as I read this thread I feel Sebastien's anxiety to find a relic buried somewhere out there and thus it is as I am there too...
    I wonder if my desire will ever come true...
    welcome, this is a great site, I know how you feel, it would be nice to be able to find relic's in a place where one of the battlefields that was so historic , and probably one of the places that probably changed a lot of the whole story of world war 2, probably some battlefields near you also, the fact of being in the U.S. really doesn't have much of a chance for guy's like me. but I used to hunt american Indian artifacts, and civil war artifact's , but now my state, Tennessee has made it a 5 year prison sentence, or a 5 to 10, 000 dollar fine., but there was someone who always had to dig in grave sites, not me, I just walked around plowed fields. I do know I enjoyed looking at all he found, as he did find some very nice item's.

Hi guys!
    Now I'm at work all the time. I work seven days a week and so my hobby abandoned.

But today I had a day off. This gift made me Vladimir Putin (President of the Government). Today, Vladimir Putin arrived in Volgograd (solve local problems) and my boss has canceled work .
    And the first that I thought - I went to dig in a familiar place for you (next to my University). I could not even guess, that the Putin's route will be near my digs . On the streets and along the expensive was a lot of policemen. BUT I dug )))))))))
    Weather is very hot. The air temperature reaches 40 degrees Celsius (104 Fahrenheit). So I dug up without clothes.
    Finds are not many. I dug up a German dog tag, a few ammo for rifle, a fragment of the Romanian belt, mask against frostbite, a mug of a Soviet soldier and other.
    German dog tag is very interesting. You remember, exactly a year ago I dug up a dog tag "25 Battalion observers" https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/milit...umrak-2009-11-. Jpg, it was close to Gorodisсhe. And today I dug up "5 battalion observers "and this in the city of Stalingrad .
    Tomorrow I'll work again, without day off.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Stalingrad: digging near Gorodisсhe & Gumrak   Stalingrad: digging near Gorodisсhe & Gumrak  

Stalingrad: digging near Gorodisсhe & Gumrak   Stalingrad: digging near Gorodisсhe & Gumrak  

Stalingrad: digging near Gorodisсhe & Gumrak   Stalingrad: digging near Gorodisсhe & Gumrak  

Page 17 of 222 FirstFirst ... 7 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 27 67 117 ... LastLast