Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 177 of 222 FirstFirst ... 77 127 167 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 187 ... LastLast
Results 1,761 to 1,770 of 2215

Stalingrad: digging near Gorodisсhe & Gumrak

Article about: by Sebastien I have not the metal detector I am feeling my ass where to dig Right now I have eyes, hands, feet and my spade is all that I use in my hobby

Excellent finds Sebastien ! Especially the 5 Panzer soldiers. It is good that they now rest in the cemetery
    with their comrades. The Feldwebel shoulder strap and Panzer skull emblems are great. I wonder how they
    all died? Were they shot, or from artillery explosion or maybe they starved and froze to death?? I guess these
    are things that we will never know. Thanks again for the excellent work that you do out on the steppe.
    Tksm
    Bob32268

Quote by bob32268 View Post
    It is good that they now rest in the cemetery with their comrades.
    Where do the remains you find end up Aundrey? Is there a cemetery in Volgograd for German remains or do the remains go back to Germany somehow?

Quote by Glenn66 View Post
    Where do the remains you find end up Aundrey? Is there a cemetery in Volgograd for German remains or do the remains go back to Germany somehow?
    all here

Good to know. Do you get to attend the ceremonies where the remains you find are interred?

Quote by Glenn66 View Post
    Do you get to attend the ceremonies where the remains you find are interred?
    Never.

I do not work in Volksbund. I just cooperate with some people from this organization here at Volgograd...

Many years ago when I was a schoolboy ...

I was involved in the search expedition, and I was on reburial ceremony in Rossoshka ...

here on foto my friend... you know him when we dug up LW helmet in summer 2015...

Amazing thread and an amazing blog for all the years worth of reports, photos and detailed explanations and comparaison photos.
    I wish I could join in one of these digs and pass the day with you talking about your knowledge of the area.

Please keep up the good work

2nd February in Stalingrad is a celebration... You know the Red Army win, the 6th German army destroy ...
    There is a tradition on this day we visit the steppe ...
    Today I was alone, I was looking around the village Gumrak...

Now the ground frozen

I found a Panzer Badge

I had a couple of hours to search and difficult road to go home ...

The PAB is a fairly early hollow FLL made in feinzink. Not a common find these days.

Regards, Ned.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Very nice Panzer Assualt Badge Sebastien ! I'm sure that Feb 2nd is a very important date for all who live
    in Volgagrad. I like your custom of visiting the steppe area where the battle was fought. Although by Feb 2, 1943
    the remaining part of the German Sixth Army was in the city area of Stalingrad ??
    Thanks for a great forum thread.
    Bob32268

Quote by bob32268 View Post
    Although by Feb 2, 1943
    the remaining part of the German Sixth Army was in the city area of Stalingrad ??
    Yes, last part of the German Sixth Army was at Tractor factory