Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 20 of 222 FirstFirst ... 10 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 30 70 120 ... LastLast

Stalingrad: digging near Gorodisсhe & Gumrak

Article about: by Sebastien I have not the metal detector I am feeling my ass where to dig Right now I have eyes, hands, feet and my spade is all that I use in my hobby

Default Re: Stalingrad: digging near Gorodisсhe & Gumrak

More photos...
    My friend helped me to understand the text. I think it stands as: Fest. Pi. Abschn. Gr. II/16
    That is, (Festungs-Pionier-Abschnitts-Gruppe II/16)
    the translation group 2, the serfs of engineering parts.
    I think it's out of 16 Panzer Division, which fought at Stalingrad.
    And You?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Stalingrad: digging near Gorodisсhe & Gumrak   Stalingrad: digging near Gorodisсhe & Gumrak  

Quote by Sebastien View Post

I think this stamp is engineers from 16 Panzer Division.
    Is it rare?
    What do You think?
    Have You ideas?

More information...
    Wax seal - a tool for installing sealing-wax stamp on various surfaces: paper, cardboard, etc.

Wax seal is a brass billet with a wooden handle.
    Wax seal - the result of a stamped, embossed received hot wax.

Wax seal used for sealing:
    postal envelopes;
    invitations;
    diplomas;
    bottles;
    boxes;
    Any paper and cardboard products;
    registers work books;

Sealing is done by squeezing the melted wax seal.

Stamp Material - Brass.

Handle Material - varnished wood.
    Correct me if I'm wrong.

?

Hi Sebastien,

So far as I can see, a Festungs-Pionierstab, the parent unit of a Festungs-Pionier-Abschnitt-Gruppe (or possibly Festungs-Pionierstab-Abschnitt-Gruppe), was an independent unit specializing in, as the name suggests, constructing fortifications- something a very mobile force like a Panzer-Division wouldn't need. The 16. Panzer-Division did have its own Pionier-Bataillon, but there's no listing for anything as special as a Festungs-Pionier-Stab, nor is there any listed association between any Festungs-Pionierstab and a larger unit type; Festungs-Pionierstab 1, for example, was under the command of Heeresgruppe Nord in 1942, so far higher than a mere Division- which fits with their being independent. They're also simply numbered 1-38 so it would seem just a coincidence that Festungs-Pionierstab 16 was there with the 16. Panzer-Division. Stalingrad is a battle that's specifically known for the employment in infantry combat of a large number of various Pionier units that weren't normally used in such a way- units that were moved in to 'clear up' one would assume, but got embroiled in the Kessel with everyone else and this was one of them. So, to sum up, no, this unit wasn't formally associated with the 16. Panzer-Division, it was an independent.
    Ohhhhh- pillage then burn...

WOW!!!
    Matt, I was again amazed at your knowledge!!
    Thank You very, VERY much!

that's an awesome piece.

Stamp dug up my friend in the bunker at Stalingrad. In the same bunker, he found two wheels on the APC Sd.Kfz.250.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Stalingrad: digging near Gorodisсhe & Gumrak   Stalingrad: digging near Gorodisсhe & Gumrak  

Now look at my findings!!!

You remember that I went digging in the summer. Then it was very, very hot and I worked without clothes
    In early September, my friend and I decided to visit the old place next to my university.
    The land was very hard and dry. Our findings were small and had no value.
    As you can see in the photo we found a projectile. This body shell, it is empty inside and not dangerous.

Stalingrad: digging near Gorodisсhe & Gumrak   Stalingrad: digging near Gorodisсhe & Gumrak  

Stalingrad: digging near Gorodisсhe & Gumrak   Stalingrad: digging near Gorodisсhe & Gumrak  

Continue ...
    I broke the camera and photographed on a Siemens mobile phone
    It was mid-September. I dug out various military subjects.
    I found fragment set of false teeth (a piece of pink in the photo).
    I dug up a set of cleaning rifles Mauser 98k in good condition, the Romanian dog tag and other military stuff.

?

very nice findings my friend i hope i will be soon there see you take care

Page 20 of 222 FirstFirst ... 10 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 30 70 120 ... LastLast