Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 208 of 222 FirstFirst ... 108 158 198 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 218 ... LastLast
Results 2,071 to 2,080 of 2215

Stalingrad: digging near Gorodisсhe & Gumrak

Article about: by Sebastien I have not the metal detector I am feeling my ass where to dig Right now I have eyes, hands, feet and my spade is all that I use in my hobby

Must have been scary at customs with the helmet! What was the story there?

Amazing stuff ~Down Under we can only dream about such fantastic finds ~ OR beg borrow trade or buy from blokes like Sebastian ~

( Well I should say ~ partially ~ dream ~ after all I have dug: ~

~ a Wehrmacht aluminum field kit cup/ dish

~ a German tank/ gun 1941 dmw C/22 65 fuze

~ and most recently the German field radio cable spool part/s ~

So just perhaps not such an impossible dream for us (?) ~ )

I was warned that swastikas are illegal in Russia, so best to cover the swastika with gum prior to departing. I flew from Volgograd to Moscow without issue. But when I went to get on my connecting flight out of the country, I had to change airport terminals. This meant going through the carry-on security scan again. More people speak English on the streets of Volgograd than at any of the two Moscow airports I passed through. Sure enough a mean looking female guard enquires if this is my knapsack,, through body language. Yes. She wants it opened so I follow through. Fisrt thing she pulls out is the German helmet and the gum has come off! Instantly I broke into a sweat. She starts freaking out and Ill I can understand her saying is swastika. Other guards are looking so is the line of passengers. After a tense minute, that felt like ten,she calls somebody on her phone. Luckily whoever it was told her to relax and I was on my way

Quote by Jim4263 View Post

Bottom of a large metal bowl that a German cut out and attached wire to, no idea why though
    Looks like it was made into some kind of alarm to hang up. Bang it like hell when an attack comes in!

Good guess,,, but why not just wire up the whole bowl?

Better story to tell,, its part of a Stuka.

Ok some more Sebastien souvenirs,,,
    Assorted goodies

steel belt buckle from this year

Quote by Sebastien View Post
    Attachment 1057563

Short video from travel

and LW tag from 2015...

Quote by Sebastien View Post
    I was back from the battlefield, near the town.

Today I found my first "pass on the plane" (tag from air boxes)

Attachment 828591

Ok some more Sebastien souvenirs,,,
    This is the bottom of the aluminum basin I found during a short visit on the field near village Gumrak, in early May.

Wounded basin I also found, but did not take pictures. It became garbage ....

Stalingrad: digging near Gorodisсhe & GumrakH]

Several other finds of that evening

Bakelite carbide lantern

and a first aid kit for Romanian soldiers

Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Stalingrad: digging near Gorodisсhe & Gumrak  

?

Hello there,
    I am a newcomer to the board. I have been here a few weeks and have just read and read. This is the first thing I have posted.
    I just want a say a quick thanks to member Sebastien for the 7-odd years of work he has put in here. I have spent the last two days reading this thread in it's entirety. It's been a great read indeed. You are to be commended for your dedication and persistence with your 'hobby' Sebastien. This thread has certainly entertained me as I am sure it has for everyone else who has posted here.
    I am in Australia, where there exists no real opportunity to dig and dig like yourself. I guess one day I could go 'island hopping' through the S pacific - I dare say there too, there would be plenty of artifacts that remain undisturbed. But then again, those little islands are full of big snakes and are swelteringly hot. I guess I will just remain at home

Cheers for now,

s

(PS, the rest of the board is amazing as well. I will comment more, and introduce myself properly later)

MAP
    ?

Quote by stah View Post
    .......the rest of the board is amazing as well. I will comment more, and introduce myself properly later)
    Feel free to introduce yourself here.....

New WRF Members
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Hi Stah, question re your avatar. Looks kinda neo to me. Am I wrong?