Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 213 of 222 FirstFirst ... 113 163 203 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 ... LastLast
Results 2,121 to 2,130 of 2215

Stalingrad: digging near Gorodisсhe & Gumrak

Article about: by Sebastien I have not the metal detector I am feeling my ass where to dig Right now I have eyes, hands, feet and my spade is all that I use in my hobby

MAP
    ?

Great to hear from you again Sebastian.

Sorry and sad to hear about the conditions. We wish you the best.

Looks like you continue to find wonderful items.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Hi Seb, good to hear from you. How we take our being able to read each others posts and share our common enthusiasm for history with our brothers and sisters on this and similar forums. We have much in common and if only our leaders could learn to get in touch with our common humanity on this rotating rock in our infinite space then our lives would be so much enriched.

I'm sorry to hear that things are tough for you, I know many friends across this forum will wish you and your family well.

?

Quote by Sebastien View Post
    Hi guys!
    Thanks for the kind words. It's good when you remember me here

I have very little free time for publication on the forum.
    Sorry but Life is getting harder for the people of totalitarian Russia. Every day that goes by, worse and worse

And now the main goal is to make money for the family and live without kneeling.

And of course I still dig ...

these excavations were a week ago

Attachment 1209821

pit for garbage

Attachment 1209822

Attachment 1209823

Attachment 1209824

rubber stamp "feldpost number 14538 A = dann Stab II Abt. Artillerie-Regiment 29
    gestrichen (Stalingrad)"

Attachment 1209825

29th Motorized Infantry Division the division was also known as the Falke-Division (Falcon Division).

Attachment 1209826

also you can see buttonholes from the greatcoat of the Red Army soldier.

Attachment 1209830

Attachment 1209831
    The Falke stamp is a great find Sebastian , you know my interest in that Division , where was it found ?
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Thought shall be the harder , heart the keener,
    Courage the greater as our strength faileth.
    Here lies our leader ,in the dust of his greatness.
    Who leaves him now , be damned forever.
    We who are old now shall not leave this Battle,
    But lie at his feet , in the dust with our leader

House Carles at the Battle of Hastings

Really enjoyed looking at those finds-great pieces of history.
    Troy

Thank you Sebastien/ Andrey. What a wonderful post. I've spent the better half of the last couple days reading this massive post as well as watching videos, and my knowledge of Stalingrad. I'm most curious about the fallen soldiers. How many are lacking identification. I wonder if these were soldiers previously buried by theyre comrades? And were stripped of valuables, or were just mia? Forgotten, etc? Like the soldier still wearing his boots, are they ever wearing rings? Gold teeth? Etc.? It's pretty awesome they can finally be put you rest, who knows what eternal struggles and conflicts you could be saving there souls from? I don't know if dental records go back that far, but it's ashame more isn't done for the men who fought, and the families of them, who have been left to wonder. Do you know the soldiers who are identified, do they go as far as contacting they're families, even more it's 75 years after the fact? Just curious? Again, I'm envious on your modern day Indiana Jones adventures, pretty awesome!

Quote by Paul D View Post
    The Falke stamp is a great find Sebastian , you know my interest in that Division , where was it found ?
    Hello Paul

I dug up it in Pitomnik airfield

Quote by KristianFerrell View Post
    Thank you Sebastien/ Andrey. What a wonderful post. I've spent the better half of the last couple days reading this massive post as well as watching videos, and my knowledge of Stalingrad.
    Sorry for the long answer.

I'm most curious about the fallen soldiers. How many are lacking identification. I wonder if these were soldiers previously buried by theyre comrades? And were stripped of valuables, or were just mia? Forgotten, etc? Like the soldier still wearing his boots, are they ever wearing rings? Gold teeth? Etc.?
    Most of the Soviet soldiers were left by their comrades on the battlefield or in the crater of bomb. They lie without shoes (in the Soviet Union it was a valuable commodity). I have never seen a Soviet soldier with rings or gold teeth. Teeth with seals are also rare for the Red Army soldiers. If the German soldier is old, of course we can find gold teeth. But it's rare, very rarely we can find a lost German soldier. Most German soldiers died at the end of the battle, it was in the city. We can not dig in the city. Just the battlefield.

It's pretty awesome they can finally be put you rest, who knows what eternal struggles and conflicts you could be saving there souls from? I don't know if dental records go back that far, but it's ashame more isn't done for the men who fought, and the families of them, who have been left to wonder.
    Identification of a soldier is possible only through the ID tag or "spoon with a scribbled name". I haven't heard about the identification of soldiers by dental records.

Do you know the soldiers who are identified, do they go as far as contacting they're families, even more it's 75 years after the fact? Just curious? Again, I'm envious on your modern day Indiana Jones adventures, pretty awesome!
    Sorry, I'm not looking for soldiers.
    Now you know, I'm looking for military items, helmets, rewards, belt buckles and spare parts from military equipment.
    Here are official detachments of search of soldiers, they receive taxpayers' money and do it. I have friends who participate in such expeditions. If I find the remains of a soldier, I'll contact to them.
    yes, we sometimes see in the news on TV relatives of soldiers who were found on the battlefield

Sorry for my English. I have problems with the native Russian grammar and I am sure that I have big problems with the English grammar when I try to outline my thoughts.
    I hope you understand me.

MAP
    ?

Your English and Grammer are near perfect Sebastian!!!!
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

I second that!!!
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

"Cross for Spain War?"
    Best Germanski