MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 32 of 222 FirstFirst ... 22 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 42 82 132 ... LastLast

Stalingrad: digging near Gorodisсhe & Gumrak

Article about: by Sebastien I have not the metal detector I am feeling my ass where to dig Right now I have eyes, hands, feet and my spade is all that I use in my hobby

Default Re: Stalingrad: digging near Gorodisсhe & Gumrak

Quote by Sebastien View Post
    Continue ...
    This photo was taken in late December. I together with my classmate went to dig right after the exam.
    I think this photo confirms that global warming is true.
    Enjoy while you can. If it stays warm,you get to dig more and we get to see more. We are getting our worst winter in years. You gotta send a little of that 'global warming' over here. The cycle's continue.

?

Quote by paulus View Post
    is gorodische&gumrak near to stalingrad?
    Both are located to the west of the city .
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Thought shall be the harder , heart the keener,
    Courage the greater as our strength faileth.
    Here lies our leader ,in the dust of his greatness.
    Who leaves him now , be damned forever.
    We who are old now shall not leave this Battle,
    But lie at his feet , in the dust with our leader

House Carles at the Battle of Hastings

Continue ...
    My last trip to the excavation in 2010 was on the field next to the University.
    It was December 30, the day was heavy fog ... and I was even able to get lost in the steppe
    I known this place since 2004. I can say that at this field, I started my hobby - Military Archaeology. In the summer of 2004, I and my friend found a large German bunker, the roof was made of timbers (railroad ties) . But we could not dig this bunker because the place was far away from our house and was warm weather.
    Later in the autumn, (owner of the field) farmer plowed the field and we have a long time lost the bunker.

Quote by Sebastien View Post
    Continue ...
    My last trip to the excavation in 2010 was on the field next to the University.
    It was December 30, the day was heavy fog ... and I was even able to get lost in the steppe
    I known this place since 2004. I can say that at this field, I started my hobby - Military Archaeology. In the summer of 2004, I and my friend found a large German bunker, the roof was made of timbers (railroad ties) . But we could not dig this bunker because the place was far away from our house and was warm weather.
    Later in the autumn, (owner of the field) farmer plowed the field and we have a long time lost the bunker.
    And now, after 6 years I have found this bunker again . Pity, my friend is now in the army so I dug without him .
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Stalingrad: digging near Gorodisсhe & Gumrak  

That looks like hard work! I hope you find some nice things!

The 30th December was the first day of excavation. I just create one two small holes and made sure that it is this bunker.
    The next day 31 st December, I was busy (homework), helped my mother to meet the new year.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Stalingrad: digging near Gorodisсhe & Gumrak   Stalingrad: digging near Gorodisсhe & Gumrak  

Stalingrad: digging near Gorodisсhe & Gumrak   Stalingrad: digging near Gorodisсhe & Gumrak  

?

Now that's trench digging !
    Regards

Matt

The results of the first day.
    You can see the bones they are human remains. Near input to the bunker, I found the remains of soldiers. I do not dug them, I'll do it after the winter. My aim was - the bunker.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Stalingrad: digging near Gorodisсhe & Gumrak   Stalingrad: digging near Gorodisсhe & Gumrak  

?

the bone is creepy. I think I'm lucky we don't have such finds over here.
    Regards

Matt

Early in the morning of 1 st January 2011, I ran into the steppe . I wanted one, dig this bunker .
    I took the camera from my friend to make good pictures for stories

Stalingrad: digging near Gorodisсhe & Gumrak   Stalingrad: digging near Gorodisсhe & Gumrak  

Page 32 of 222 FirstFirst ... 22 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 42 82 132 ... LastLast