MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 34 of 222 FirstFirst ... 24 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 44 84 134 ... LastLast

Stalingrad: digging near Gorodisсhe & Gumrak

Article about: by Sebastien I have not the metal detector I am feeling my ass where to dig Right now I have eyes, hands, feet and my spade is all that I use in my hobby

Default Re: Stalingrad: digging near Gorodisсhe & Gumrak

Hello Sebastien, I have followed this thread for sometime now, and never posted, You are a hard working young man, and I really enjoy your post's, Please keep posting,, you have friends all over the world that support you.

Smile Re: Stalingrad: digging near Gorodisсhe & Gumrak

Continue ...
    1st January, I totally dug the bunker. I did not look for the next bunker on the field. Search bunker much better in the spring. The next day I dug in a ravine.
    My finds are modest: a shovel-pickaxe (British), German gas mask and metal ...
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Stalingrad: digging near Gorodisсhe & Gumrak   Stalingrad: digging near Gorodisсhe & Gumrak  

Stalingrad: digging near Gorodisсhe & Gumrak   Stalingrad: digging near Gorodisсhe & Gumrak  

Continue ...
    The next day I dug together with friends. We drove in the neighborhood Gumrak. We dug in a ravine near village Gontchary (the village was in the war, now it does not exist).
    We dug a bunker, there lived Romanian soldiers (we think so).
    Our finds: a small shovel, Czech bayonet for Mauser rifles. I also found a grenade M-34
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Stalingrad: digging near Gorodisсhe & Gumrak   Stalingrad: digging near Gorodisсhe & Gumrak  

Stalingrad: digging near Gorodisсhe & Gumrak   Stalingrad: digging near Gorodisсhe & Gumrak  

Oh my GOD!
    Out-of-doors was the 3rd of January ...
    I felt that оut-of-doors the 3rd of April , it was very warm for this time of year ...
    ...or the nature gone mad or we...

P.S. The bayonet was used like a poker for the stove.

Not even snow?!? I would have expected permafrost, blizzards and a metre of snow on the ground! I think you should prepare for a hot summer this year.

Continue ...
    4th of January, next excavation, in a ravine near from my University.
    Interesting finds not enough: ammo box for the rifle SVT 40 (bad condition), two Soviet coins

Stalingrad: digging near Gorodisсhe & Gumrak  

Continue ...
    The next excavation happened on the next day
    The 5th of January was snow and was cold. Winter came!!!
    This work was heavy, wet soil quickly freeze. But I could find some good finds.

I dug in the ravine near the University, аgain !

I dug up a tin can. Inside this tin were German ANZ 29 Igniter.
    I think it was German (or Romanian) sapper put down these Igniters in the tin.

Bottom line: I dug up a liner for the German helmet, 10 units ANZ 29 and steel Tie clip.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Stalingrad: digging near Gorodisсhe & Gumrak  

Quote by Sebastien View Post
    Continue ...
    The next excavation happened on the next day
    The 5th of January was snow and was cold. Winter came!!!
    This work was heavy, wet soil quickly freeze. But I could find some good finds.

I dug in the ravine near the University, аgain !
    Great stuff and I'm sure there's almost an infinite amount left to recover. Hope you enjoyed the 'global warming' while it lasted. I was kinda wondering what that white stuff was. (just bustin a few chops) Look forward to seeing more of your finds. Ron

Page 34 of 222 FirstFirst ... 24 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 44 84 134 ... LastLast