Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 43 of 222 FirstFirst ... 33 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 53 93 143 ... LastLast

Stalingrad: digging near Gorodisсhe & Gumrak

Article about: by Sebastien I have not the metal detector I am feeling my ass where to dig Right now I have eyes, hands, feet and my spade is all that I use in my hobby

Default Re: Stalingrad: digging near Gorodisсhe & Gumrak

Quote by Steve T View Post
    More nice finds Sebastien. Sorry to see you broke a spade I broke 3 last year
    I love seeing your relics but, a quick question, can we see them once you've cleaned them as well ?
    Thanks
    Steve T
    Oh, sorry Steve. I thought that it is not important for members. Thank, that you reminded about it.
    The liner for the German helmet
    Before cleaning https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/milit...k-sdc10227.jpg

The German MP 40 SMG Mag Loader
    Before cleaning https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/milit...c11093-11-.jpg

Detail from Esbit: Tragerplatte https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/milit...k-p1000038.jpg
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Stalingrad: digging near Gorodisсhe & Gumrak   Stalingrad: digging near Gorodisсhe & Gumrak  

Stalingrad: digging near Gorodisсhe & Gumrak   Stalingrad: digging near Gorodisсhe & Gumrak  

Stalingrad: digging near Gorodisсhe & Gumrak   Stalingrad: digging near Gorodisсhe & Gumrak  

One more day of excavation. Today was a very strong wind and I finished the work early.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Stalingrad: digging near Gorodisсhe & Gumrak   Stalingrad: digging near Gorodisсhe & Gumrak  

Out of curiosity Sebastien, How often do you mangle or disfigure objects you are trying to retrieve? I would imagine it's happened on occasion. I know you try to be as careful as you can,but accidents do happen, unfortunately. Ron

Quote by packin9 View Post
    Out of curiosity Sebastien, How often do you mangle or disfigure objects you are trying to retrieve? I would imagine it's happened on occasion. I know you try to be as careful as you can,but accidents do happen, unfortunately. Ron
    Alas, but sometimes it happens.

Today I dug again.
    I'm upset results of my work

That priceless item is just around every corner Sebastien. (spade full) Not today? Perhaps tomorrow! Who knows what the ground will yield? You still got some bits of the past. You are in a unique area. Lots to find. Feel good about whatever you find! Digging time is getting short..... Nervous yet? Just razzin ya. Ron

Sebestien

I would love to see ALL of your finds cleaned, as would, I'm sure, almost every member of the forum. You've done a great job with the helmet liner and other items. They look superb !

And as packin9 says, the priceless item is just around the corner. I'd visited one airfield 50 times over 3 years and had, I thought, searched everywhere. Then I found a watch with a US servicemans name engraved on the back and managed to return it to his family. You never know what your day will bring !

Steve T

Today my friend and I once again tested his new metal detector.
    Our findings are different, but interesting finds we did not dig up.

They look very interesting to me! That orange smoke canister is in wonderful condition!

Quote by Glenn66 View Post
    They look very interesting to me! That orange smoke canister is in wonderful condition!
    Oops, orange smoke canister is not the best condition

Page 43 of 222 FirstFirst ... 33 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 53 93 143 ... LastLast