Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 52 of 222 FirstFirst ... 2 42 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 62 102 152 ... LastLast

Stalingrad: digging near Gorodisсhe & Gumrak

Article about: by Sebastien I have not the metal detector I am feeling my ass where to dig Right now I have eyes, hands, feet and my spade is all that I use in my hobby

Default Re: Stalingrad: digging near Gorodisсhe & Gumrak

Quote by packin9 View Post
    What's the silver piece with the eagle and swastika? Looks like a broken shoe horn. Looks in perty shape. Ron
    Quote by Nordland/Danmark View Post
    yea what is that, It's look's like som kind of a radio tube or somthing??!!
    This incandescent. Maybe it's bulb for the radio.

Many thanks to Matt.
    This information from him.

Straßenbau-Bataillon 523
    1. Aufstellung:
    * 2.8.1939 im Armeepaket W = Wien zu 4 Kompanien durch WK XVIII (bis 26.8. Übungs- Bataillon); Baupionier-Bataillon 523 seit 19.8.1943, die 4. Kompanie wurde 10.7.1943 in 4. (Wolgatatar.) umgegliedert; Bataillon wurde Dezember 1944 II./Heeres-Baupionier-Brigade 18 bei Heeresgruppe A.

2. Unterstellung:
    Heerestruppe: Polen (14. Armee); Westen (9. Armee); Rußland, 1942 2. Armee Südrußland bei Heeresgruppe B, 1944 1. Panzerarmee Karpaten
    3. Ersatz:
    82 (Pionier) Salzburg, WK XVIII; 18.1.1940 E 7 (Bau) Freising, WK VII
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Stalingrad: digging near Gorodisсhe & Gumrak  

Quote by Sebastien View Post
    Hi everyone!
    Today, I testing my shoes . It works is well!
    Finds little!
    German MP 40 SMG Mag Loader and detail of the rifle Mosin-Nagant and tag on the box.
    yes, the bottom item in the bottom picture appears to be the scope mount for a Soviet PEM mosin sniper rifle. (from page 41 of this thread). It is missing the top half of the rings at both ends of course. I don't see any of the other pieces in your pile.

Above the scope mount is the magazine catch from the bottom of a mosin as well.
    Last edited by meyerse; 05-08-2011 at 09:23 PM.

Oh, sorry Steve. I thought that it is not important for members. Thank, that you reminded about it.
    The liner for the German helmet
    Before cleaning https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/milit...k-sdc10227.jpg

The German MP 40 SMG Mag Loader
    Before cleaning https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/milit...c11093-11-.jpg

Detail from Esbit: Tragerplatte https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/milit...k-p1000038.jpg

From page 43, next to the MP40 loader is a soviet M91/30 magazine floorplate. Milled version of course, but this doesn't help as stamped were made only rarely.

This incandescent. Maybe it's bulb for the radio.
    A real nice piece Sebastien. Amazing it stayed in as well as it did and didn't just get scrunched up! The marking on it looks great! Thanks for the reply. Ron

(Army time coming up....nervous yet?)

My finds: Two large shells for the German howitzer 15 cm sFH 18; German ammo pouch in a bad condition, two gun ramrod of a rifle Mosin-Nagant.

Yet on the field, near the hole other Rus diggers, I found a shell .
    Bad guys dug up this staff and thrown away. This is very dangerous! I have not touched this shell.
    If you have a diagram of the shell then show me
    Hi Sebastien,

That "button" marked M.A.N. S.S. VAR CLOROS is Romanian. "VAR CLOROS" means CHLORIC LIME.
    Was it part of a bigger item or just lying around by itself?

Rgds,

Dan

Quote by dradubuh001 View Post
    Hi Sebastien,
    That "button" marked M.A.N. S.S. VAR CLOROS is Romanian. "VAR CLOROS" means CHLORIC LIME.
    Was it part of a bigger item or just lying around by itself?
    Rgds,
    Dan
    Hello Dan,
    This cover lying around by itself.

Hello everyone!
    I've been busy. I wrote project of the village water supply (I am studying an engineer), 120 pages of text and 10 drawings - it was not easy.
    After 10 days I will present my project.

Today, I relax. I was a little digging.
    I worked on the position of German engineers (Festungs-Pionier-Abschnitts-Gruppe II/16), next to Gorodische...

I found not more: Frag wrapper (shards to destroy the people) for a grenade RGD-33 and Parallelepipeds it was explosive .
    This is not a good find (Parallelepipeds), I buried it back.

See you later
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Stalingrad: digging near Gorodisсhe & Gumrak   Stalingrad: digging near Gorodisсhe & Gumrak  

Stalingrad: digging near Gorodisсhe & Gumrak   Stalingrad: digging near Gorodisсhe & Gumrak  

Today again dig...
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Stalingrad: digging near Gorodisсhe & Gumrak   Stalingrad: digging near Gorodisсhe & Gumrak  

Stalingrad: digging near Gorodisсhe & Gumrak   Stalingrad: digging near Gorodisсhe & Gumrak  

Just amazing to see all that is discarded. lost, used, etc... in the field. Eventhough I was in the military, I never gave it much thought.

Thanks for sharing,

Page 52 of 222 FirstFirst ... 2 42 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 62 102 152 ... LastLast