Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 63 of 222 FirstFirst ... 13 53 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 73 113 163 ... LastLast

Stalingrad: digging near Gorodisсhe & Gumrak

Article about: by Sebastien I have not the metal detector I am feeling my ass where to dig Right now I have eyes, hands, feet and my spade is all that I use in my hobby

Default Re: Stalingrad: digging near Gorodisсhe & Gumrak

In this day my ex-supervisor (lecturer at the university) asked me to take him to a pond near the village Rossoshka. He needed water level measurement.
    I took my friend's metal detector and when my ex-supervisor was busy I was looking for war relics ...

I was looking for in a large ravine ...
    The first I found part of an artillery box.
    Then I found an interesting next clearing, there were many different military items ...
    Was very hot, afternoon air temperature was around 40 degrees Celsius (104 Fahrenheit)... :
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Stalingrad: digging near Gorodisсhe & Gumrak   Stalingrad: digging near Gorodisсhe & Gumrak  

Stalingrad: digging near Gorodisсhe & Gumrak   Stalingrad: digging near Gorodisсhe & Gumrak  

Stalingrad: digging near Gorodisсhe & Gumrak   Stalingrad: digging near Gorodisсhe & Gumrak  

Stalingrad: digging near Gorodisсhe & Gumrak  

More Photos. My finds...
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Stalingrad: digging near Gorodisсhe & Gumrak   Stalingrad: digging near Gorodisсhe & Gumrak  

Quote by Sebastien View Post
    Maybe I need to open a a new big topic. But I have not time and I have not good knowledge of English.
    I would love it if you did, it would help a lot, and I would be happy helping you get started etc.
    Best Regards

Vegard T.
    -------------------------------
    Looking for militaria from HKB 31./977, HKB 32./977, HKB 38./977 or militaria related to Norway

Great finds Sebastien! Great restoration too! Clean looking. Heck,even the shovel looks good! Keep t up. Ron

What are the dozen or so shell case artifacts? Are they trench-made ashtrays or something else? What do you do with these things after you uncover them? Do you sell things? Also...I know it's hot and all,but...just out of curiosity...wouldn't a pair of light material shorts be abit more practical to wear while searching? lol William
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Quote by Wagriff View Post
    What are the dozen or so shell case artifacts? Are they trench-made ashtrays or something else?
    William
    No, these things are not trench art. Soldiers from the shells made tubes​​for stoves and other...

What do you do with these things after you uncover them? Do you sell things?
    William
    I do not tell... This is my little secret

Also...I know it's hot and all,but...just out of curiosity...wouldn't a pair of light material shorts be abit more practical to wear while searching? lol William
    When I dig I am motivated by years of experience. In hot weather, being naked is quite cold and a good tan ...

What are the dozen or so shell case artifacts? Are they trench-made ashtrays or something else? What do you do with these things after you uncover them? Do you sell things? Also...I know it's hot and all,but...just out of curiosity...wouldn't a pair of light material shorts be abit more practical to wear while searching? lol William
    Put it this way...If you were to see him, would you approach to ask what he's up to? No....Me neither!

Although the thought of picking up deer ticks or the like on your crown jewels is frankly,plain terrifying!!

Itchy now, Ned.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

?

nice and fantastic finds my friend cheers.....best regards from turkey see you soon

But Ned...you've Seen his Girlfriend! Tick searching ....maybe it's Russian foreplay? Could be they're on to something... hmm.. lol William
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

....maybe it's Russian foreplay? William

William, you are big fibber...

Page 63 of 222 FirstFirst ... 13 53 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 73 113 163 ... LastLast