Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 64 of 222 FirstFirst ... 14 54 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 74 114 164 ... LastLast

Stalingrad: digging near Gorodisсhe & Gumrak

Article about: by Sebastien I have not the metal detector I am feeling my ass where to dig Right now I have eyes, hands, feet and my spade is all that I use in my hobby

Default Re: Stalingrad: digging near Gorodisсhe & Gumrak

Walking through the neighborhoods of my district, I drew attention to "the concrete products".
    I remember in childhood, my friends and I played next to it.
    Coming in closer, I saw interesting inscriptions:
    № 11
    12.VII.1942

I understood this is reinforced concrete bunker, bunkers like this has been very much near Stalingrad, it was the defensive line.

watch the video at time 2:00
    http://youtu.be/gv8yI0YNzhw?t=1m56s
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Stalingrad: digging near Gorodisсhe & Gumrak   Stalingrad: digging near Gorodisсhe & Gumrak  

Stalingrad: digging near Gorodisсhe & Gumrak   Stalingrad: digging near Gorodisсhe & Gumrak  

Stalingrad: digging near Gorodisсhe & Gumrak   Stalingrad: digging near Gorodisсhe & Gumrak  

Remember the place where I found the ammo machine gun? https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/battl...54/#post310791
    Again, I dug near Gumrak...
    I dug the bunker, finds very little ...
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Stalingrad: digging near Gorodisсhe & Gumrak   Stalingrad: digging near Gorodisсhe & Gumrak  

My friend walked with a metal detector, he found a dog tag.
    3./Art.Kol.6./59
    This dog tag of 6 columns, 59 Artillery Regiment.
    Artillerie-Regiment 59 - Lexikon der Wehrmacht
    Die 6. Kolonne wurde gleichzeitig in Kolonne II umbenannt. 1941/42 wurde beim Stab der II. Abteilung eine Stabsbatterie eingetragen. 1942 wurden dann auch die Batterien und die Kolonne der II. Abteilung gestrichen und jetzt auch unter der Nummer des Stabes und der Stabsbatterie eingetragen. 1942/43 wurde der Eintrag der I. Abteilung in III. Abteilung vom Panzer-Artillerie-Regiment 93 umbenannt. 1943 wurde die II. Abteilung mit dem Vermerk Stalingrad gestrichen.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Stalingrad: digging near Gorodisсhe & Gumrak  

Quote by Sebastien View Post
    Today my friend called me and told me that He dug up a large German bunker.
    He said that there were many burned documents in the bunker
    On some documents, was writing: Inf.Reg.517 . This infantry regiment of 295 Infantry Division. The division fought on Mamaev Hill. That's cool!
    The bunker was the headquarters or office. It is near Gumrak.

On the roof of the bunker he found 1939 Black Wound Badge.
    In the bunker, he dug a safe or steel box.
    Inside the steel box were burned documents and German coins. (Russian coin found near the bunker.)
    The date on the document: winter 1940 and spring 1941.

My friend will dig there in the future
    Amazing stuff
    Awesome.
    Cheers.
    Nuno

?

best and interesting finds as usual
    cheers ...

?

Quote by Sebastien View Post
    HEY guys, stop!!!
    Do not litter in my topic for its loose talk!!!
    It would be better talked about things that I dug up (would help me in determining the origin of the military history of the subject)!!!
    What I create a danger??????? Here in Russia, real danger make by those guys who drive Porsche Cayenne and like that! This guys in a week earn as much money as my mother in a year and I doubt that it is honest money...
    I agree 100% Sebastian. And to the 'dig police guy', i will say that he don't know what authorities is like here in Russia. No one gives a damn about anything. Exept making money of course... It's not like in Europe where things to some extend are functioning. If Sebastian keeps some or all he finds, fine with me. People should just be happy that some guys take the time and effort to retrieve these items and show them. Btw i'm from Scandinavia and living here in Russia

?

Quote by Glenn66 View Post
    Looks like (1) section of drive wheel (2) rear section of a gearbox transfer case and (3) section of backing plate of a brake drum housing, it looks like a slave cylinder in the top part of the second photo.

I'm not positive but after working on old cars for awhile a few years ago these photos look kind of familiar.

Glenn
    You are right. Anchor plate for drum brake.

?

Quote by paulus View Post
    most of the ukrainien people welcomed German troops in their country i dont know why
    Many Ukrainians saw the Germans as liberators. Ukrainians did not want to join the soviet union, they could very well feed them selves because of the very good agricultural soil. Communist had a different opinion, so they decided in 1932-33 to confiscate all farm animals and food, corn, grain ect. Not to forget the communists killed most of the big farmers(kulags). The result was that at LEAST 5 million people starved to death. This event is also called the Holodomor, a much overlooked episode of history.

?

This thread is brilliant! Just spent the last day reading the entire thing between my lectures. Keep it up!

In late July, I again visited the ravine near my university.
    It was very hot, I felt bad condition of my body ...

Page 64 of 222 FirstFirst ... 14 54 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 74 114 164 ... LastLast