MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 69 of 222 FirstFirst ... 19 59 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 79 119 169 ... LastLast

Stalingrad: digging near Gorodisсhe & Gumrak

Article about: by Sebastien I have not the metal detector I am feeling my ass where to dig Right now I have eyes, hands, feet and my spade is all that I use in my hobby

Default Re: Stalingrad: digging near Gorodisсhe & Gumrak

Sebastien, is that a partial set of dentures in one of the photos? Ron

?

well done Sebastian

Quote by Steve T View Post
    Sebastien
    Please please PLEASE can we see your finds when they've been cleaned ? It would be great to see before and after shots
    Thanks
    Steve, I will try. But now I have not camera

Quote by packin9 View Post
    Sebastien, is that a partial set of dentures in one of the photos? Ron
    Yes, it is.
    This is the fifth dentures, that I dug up in the last 7 years.
    I can show pictures denture, that I dug up in 2004.

Sorry if you're impressionable
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Stalingrad: digging near Gorodisсhe & Gumrak   Stalingrad: digging near Gorodisсhe & Gumrak  

Wow.....

I hope this thread never ends!

The end of August, a friend came to me from the tundra. The tundra is north of Russia, beginning in Siberia.
    I took a metal detector from my colleague and we together went search military relics in ravines near the village Gumrak...
    We found a lot of shells, pieces of metal and one Soviet coin.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Stalingrad: digging near Gorodisсhe & Gumrak   Stalingrad: digging near Gorodisсhe & Gumrak  

Stalingrad: digging near Gorodisсhe & Gumrak   Stalingrad: digging near Gorodisсhe & Gumrak  

Stalingrad: digging near Gorodisсhe & Gumrak   Stalingrad: digging near Gorodisсhe & Gumrak  

After walking in the surroundings we went down into the ravine, where I dug in 2009...
    We found a good place
    The first find was a German bayonet for Mauser rifles. Then I dug a German aluminum buckle in good condition.
    Producer of this buckle is "Gustav Brehmer" Markneukirchen
    M4/60
    Also We found a different car parts and ammunition items ...

Friend found a German helmet, M40. But in very poor condition.
    We have been in the place, there were German motorized military units, probably someone drove and break this helmet.

It'd be nice if the denture could 'talk' huh? A lot to say I'd bet!

Quote by Danmark View Post
    Hello Sebastian, I always prefer to see the ground dug items more than the untouched or unissued ones. I think they show so much more of their history! Thank you for your photographs - Australia is a long way from Europe so we can only dream of digging like you can!
    Gday All,
    And so very lucky that we can't Danmark hay.
    But i would be prepared to donate my left arm to science to go on such a dig.
    Keep up the good work Seb i hope you find many more interesting artifacts on your digs mate,good on ya.
    Cheers
    Dave

Page 69 of 222 FirstFirst ... 19 59 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 79 119 169 ... LastLast