Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 71 of 222 FirstFirst ... 21 61 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 81 121 171 ... LastLast

Stalingrad: digging near Gorodisсhe & Gumrak

Article about: by Sebastien I have not the metal detector I am feeling my ass where to dig Right now I have eyes, hands, feet and my spade is all that I use in my hobby

?

Default Re: Stalingrad: digging near Gorodisсhe & Gumrak

just spent 2 or 3 hrs on this thread. incredible work Sebastien! Hope you keep digging and not have to go into the army. Heard that's not fun...

your hard work has paid off!

?

Great thread Seb - some may say i have wasted a morning at work reading it.. but that was more informative than anything i had planned for today!

got a couple of questions for you...

- How do you know where to go and search for these old bunkers, do you have maps, or is this word-of-mouth from locals?
    - Are there lots of you doing this in and around Volgograd?

Many thanks,

A.

?

I don't know what Seb does but for us it's a bit of everything. If you know what to look for it's not too difficult, and you learn something everytime you go to the battlefields. Then again, it's not just going there and pic something up. You have to know what you are doing. There is quite a number of people who dig here in Russia, but the eastern front is also very big.

?

Datrus - do you use a metal detector, or just go by 'gut'?

Seb seens to hit the jackpot without one.... but i guess in and around Volgo that's not too hard if you know where to look...?

?

Yes i/we use MD's. It is not a must, but indicates if there is anything in the area. With a trained eye it's not too hard to see where to dig. However you can also find things outside bunkers and trenches.

AWESOME thread. I just spent a whole afternoon hammering this. Excellent work Comrade

what an amazing thread sebastien..... probably the best 3 hours of my life have been spent reading it!!!!!! keep up the good work

Thumbs up Re: Stalingrad: digging near Gorodisсhe & Gumrak

As everyone agrees, this is an amazing thread to look through !

But it's also interesting for those of us who read about the battle of Stalingrad to see just what the surrounding countryside actually looks like......

Hey Sebastian, im really loving this post. Keep up the great work. You have done so well with all the soldiers being found and givin proper burial's. Look forward to more pics. Well done ( from Austraia)!!!!

Has this thread come to an end? I have really enjoyed reading on and off over the last half year. I hope this kid didn't find his way to the Guluge for entertaining us all this time! They might have alot more freedom then before, but there is still alot of Bureaucracy one has to weave around day to day.

Page 71 of 222 FirstFirst ... 21 61 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 81 121 171 ... LastLast