Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 73 of 222 FirstFirst ... 23 63 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 83 123 173 ... LastLast

Stalingrad: digging near Gorodisсhe & Gumrak

Article about: by Sebastien I have not the metal detector I am feeling my ass where to dig Right now I have eyes, hands, feet and my spade is all that I use in my hobby

Default Re: Stalingrad: digging near Gorodisсhe & Gumrak

Woho! Russian army is no picnic, its three years of hell, beatings, torture and maybe active service in dangerous areas. Good for you!

The first photo of autumn 2011. My camera was broken, it's a photo I took on my mobile. Sorry for the quality ...
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Stalingrad: digging near Gorodisсhe & Gumrak  

Quote by Sebastien View Post
    I will not go into the army. Doctors have found a problem with my health....
    I hope it is not too bad Seb, but enough to keep you from the army so we may see your finds

Continue...
    In September, I had one more trip in the steppe. This is the place where my friend and I found a bayonet and buckle.
    On this day, we found a trapezoid from the car door and a different military debris.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Stalingrad: digging near Gorodisсhe & Gumrak   Stalingrad: digging near Gorodisсhe & Gumrak  

The next trip was a month later. In October, I was able to dig again.
    The reason - I found a job. I was a surveyor during the construction of of roads. Alas, very badly ... but now I have the experience.

So, I dug up part of the famous Soviet truck GAZ-AA

Excavations have been in the same place ... Near the village Gumrak.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Stalingrad: digging near Gorodisсhe & Gumrak   Stalingrad: digging near Gorodisсhe & Gumrak  

Stalingrad: digging near Gorodisсhe & Gumrak   Stalingrad: digging near Gorodisсhe & Gumrak  

?

Quote by HUNTINGRELIC View Post
    i buy this dog tag from e bay please someone to help me with information the person ho sell its from volgograd and the dog tag its found in that area
    GRUPU seems to be word in romanian GRUP - GROUP. if this is helping you ...

Continue...

It was October 13.
    Well... I worked from 8 am to 7 pm and from Monday to Saturday. so I could not find the time to dig in the daytime.
    I could dig only after 7:00 pm, I mean night ...
    I dug with my friend next to Gumrak.
    We use headlights (made ​​in China ) to look for finds... and we had finds

My first discovery of a medal.
    "DOBROM STRELCU"
    I thought that this Russian medal during a World War II. But I was wrong.
    When I got home I found on Google that this medal "good shot" Kingdom of Yugoslavia in 1927. with inscriptions in two languages, in Serbian "Добром стрельцу" and Croatian «DOBROM STRELCU»

In this place was the headquarters of 51 Army Corps, in the corps included 100 Light Infantry Division Wehrmacht. 369 Croatian regiment was part of this division. I think this medal could lose the Croat soldiers.

369th (Croatian) Reinforced Infantry Regiment - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

And other finds my friend...

Stalingrad: digging near Gorodisсhe & Gumrak   Stalingrad: digging near Gorodisсhe & Gumrak  

Continue...
    On other days I was walking with my friend in the outskirts the city.
    My friend showed me his work. I saw the bunker where my friend dug up 16 German helmets, but in very poor condition...

These interesting finds I had at work.
    I inspected the hole for the curbstone very well and I've had good luck

German ruler and part of the old Candlestick.

Page 73 of 222 FirstFirst ... 23 63 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 83 123 173 ... LastLast