Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 76 of 222 FirstFirst ... 26 66 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 86 126 176 ... LastLast

Stalingrad: digging near Gorodisсhe & Gumrak

Article about: by Sebastien I have not the metal detector I am feeling my ass where to dig Right now I have eyes, hands, feet and my spade is all that I use in my hobby

Default Re: Stalingrad: digging near Gorodisсhe & Gumrak

after little cleaning...
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Stalingrad: digging near Gorodisсhe & Gumrak   Stalingrad: digging near Gorodisсhe & Gumrak  

Another day of excavation.
    I and my friend dug up bunker.

Our finds were modest ...

I want to say that the air temperature was around -5 degrees Celsius (23 degrees Fahrenheit). There was no wind and in the ravine was quite comfortable.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Stalingrad: digging near Gorodisсhe & Gumrak   Stalingrad: digging near Gorodisсhe & Gumrak  

Stalingrad: digging near Gorodisсhe & Gumrak   Stalingrad: digging near Gorodisсhe & Gumrak  

Stalingrad: digging near Gorodisсhe & Gumrak   Stalingrad: digging near Gorodisсhe & Gumrak  

This is the place where there was headquarters of the famous 71 Infantry Division
    "Hartmann-Stadt"
    Some dog tags of the 71 Infantry Division ...

But this is not my finds

?

very great and interesting findings my friend congratulations...keep the helmet liner for me i need one for my helmet

Quote by paulus View Post
    very great and interesting findings my friend congratulations...keep the helmet liner for me i need one for my helmet

Thank you friend!
    My next trip to the place of Stab 71 Infantry Division ...
    January 13th, I took metalodetektor from my friend after work and went to the bunkers.
    I dug on the land of small area, it is a terrace slope gully.

I dug up two inkwells, buttons from jacket, pencil and ...
    Tank Combat Badge :weep And again in poor condition

Before and after cleaning...
    Tank Combat Badge. Material bronzed zinc. Manufacturer "JUNKER"

A small collection of zinc Awards ...

Great items Andrey!

?

The Tank badge and the belt buckle have both cleaned up very well , great relics and from a known units position even better !!
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Thought shall be the harder , heart the keener,
    Courage the greater as our strength faileth.
    Here lies our leader ,in the dust of his greatness.
    Who leaves him now , be damned forever.
    We who are old now shall not leave this Battle,
    But lie at his feet , in the dust with our leader

House Carles at the Battle of Hastings

?

Those badges did not look like much coming out of the ground, but they sure cleaned up nicely! I had to do a double take at that pot you found...it looked like a Fallschirmjager helmet at first!

I took me three days to go through this whole thread....glad I have finally caught up!

You notice that I often took from my friend metal detector White's Blue MAx

It was hard for me because it took out my time and nerves

I needed the money, and only on the a new job, I was able to make money.
    I bought my the first metal detector, Tesoro Cibola (second hand)

My first searching with a new metal detector was February 2.
    The road to the headquarters of 71 Infantry Division was difficult, but a shovel helped to me
    The air temperature was - 20 ... -25 degrees Celsius (-4 ... -12 degrees Fahrenheit).
    I am not lying, Datrus can confirm that in southern Russia were abnormally low temperatures.

I found the Fixture from the headlamp NOTEK and tag for keys of the radio.

Last edited by Sebastien; 02-19-2012 at 10:17 AM.

Page 76 of 222 FirstFirst ... 26 66 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 86 126 176 ... LastLast