Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 80 of 222 FirstFirst ... 30 70 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 90 130 180 ... LastLast

Stalingrad: digging near Gorodisсhe & Gumrak

Article about: by Sebastien I have not the metal detector I am feeling my ass where to dig Right now I have eyes, hands, feet and my spade is all that I use in my hobby

Default Re: Stalingrad: digging near Gorodisсhe & Gumrak

Well, it is a nonsense. Almost no crimes are commited with WWII weapons. And of course organized criminals ("maffia") does not use 70 year old firearms. Why should they if there have access to the every modern firearm they want to have? The only WWII weapons I have seen in the hands of our criminals were the TT pistols but also these examples were produced in Poland or China after WWII. And it was like 15 years ago.

But back to the topic - we can belive this forum is anonymus but it actually is not. As there are many members from the Eastern Europe, just be careful. People who dig out WWII ammo, weapons etc. and do not have any legal reason to do it are in a big trouble if they will upload any pics here.

?

Quote by Vonforhud View Post
    I have seen a clip on Television, with some Russian diggers. They dig up an MP40, clean it for earth, put on a fresh magazine and fire off 10 rounds, with a 70 years old MP that has been in the soil since some Grenadier dropped it in 1941. The man tells the camera, that he supplies the Russian mafia with WW2 weapons, he digs up on a regular basis.
    As mentioned above; simply amazing that a weapon can be functional after so many years in the ground.

Though I have no reason NOT to believe you, I would imagine that mafia in Russia would have easy access to some of the untold millions of AK/AKM or some other variations made.
    I bet a WWII relic would not be anybodys first choice to rely on.
    In your own country (DK IIRC?) many automatic weapons are flowing in from the East. Amongst them the aforementioned AK and variations. Personally, I do not belive many criminals use WWII guns over these weapons.
    Modern guns simply work better for their purpose, the modern guns from the East are also cheap ... and sexy.

?

Quote by Paul E View Post
    In the present climate in estonia it would still get you a visit to the Narva cells for a while !!
    Yes. The strange thing is that according to law, the weapons is deactivated even i will call them self or by time deactivated. I mean they will never be able to fire a shot again. The rifling of the barrels is gone and the barrels themselves is not even a barrel any longer. Bolt and lock slides is nonfunctional and the list goes on. Regardless they are still classified as live weapons. I think these laws s... a bit. These relics can be destroyed by the authorities. Regarding different conditions. It's not only the soil. If you find the weapons under the mud in a lake or balota (a bog think it's called) they can be in extremely good condition. It goes for all metal parts. The mud an silt protects it from oxygen.

THanks to the open borders of the Schengen agreement weapons are flowing in here freely by the truckload. Mainly from the Balkan area.

I can only refer to what the masked man said on the TV show. I canĀ“t determine if he was lying or not. Maybe he wanted to pretend he was a big mafia gangster and arms dealer. But he did pull an MP40 form the ground, clean it and shoot it.

?

Quote by Frundsberg View Post
    Well, it is a nonsense. Almost no crimes are commited with WWII weapons. And of course organized criminals ("maffia") does not use 70 year old firearms. Why should they if there have access to the every modern firearm they want to have? The only WWII weapons I have seen in the hands of our criminals were the TT pistols but also these examples were produced in Poland or China after WWII. And it was like 15 years ago.

But back to the topic - we can belive this forum is anonymus but it actually is not. As there are many members from the Eastern Europe, just be careful. People who dig out WWII ammo, weapons etc. and do not have any legal reason to do it are in a big trouble if they will upload any pics here.
    My impression exactly. Thanks for confirming.

?

Quote by Datrus View Post
    Yes. The strange thing is that according to law, the weapons is deactivated even i will call them self or by time deactivated. I mean they will never be able to fire a shot again. The rifling of the barrels is gone and the barrels themselves is not even a barrel any longer. Bolt and lock slides is nonfunctional and the list goes on. Regardless they are still classified as live weapons. I think these laws s... a bit. These relics can be destroyed by the authorities. Regarding different conditions. It's not only the soil. If you find the weapons under the mud in a lake or balota (a bog think it's called) they can be in extremely good condition. It goes for all metal parts. The mud an silt protects it from oxygen.
    Blue clay in the bogs and swamps ,great preservation
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Thought shall be the harder , heart the keener,
    Courage the greater as our strength faileth.
    Here lies our leader ,in the dust of his greatness.
    Who leaves him now , be damned forever.
    We who are old now shall not leave this Battle,
    But lie at his feet , in the dust with our leader

House Carles at the Battle of Hastings

A WWII firearm can be even very functional when it was for example in a swamp for 70 years. There are still some movies on the YouTube you can see it. But still - there are 70 years left. If You were a criminal - what will be you choice: AK 74 in brand new condition with unlimited ammo supply or a rusty Stgw44? I would take the first one.

?

Quote by Datrus View Post
    Amazing. How fantastic it would be to find a good condition weapon. Functional or not. Just in a bit better condition than paper thin metal flakes.

?

I would very much doubt that, i would think that the "ground found MP40" was "seeded" prior to being filmed, any person trying to fire a weapon thats been in the ground for 70 odd years is either suicidal or just plain loco, not only would they risk their life but also causing injury to anyone standing nearby, plus the rust involved in the weapon couldnt be cleaned out that thoroughly for any attempt to fire it, and why the "Russian Mafia" would want WW2 weapons ive no idea, they can afford modern, more maintainable firearms with modern ammunition

Well, is it so good? For example You will find a P38 during renovation works from Your house. If You want to keep it You need to have a gun licence. If You do not have it, you have to make it during next 6 months. And it all takes money and time. Your time and Your money. So no wonder many people do not report about such finds to anyone. Just too may problems. And if You will find a brand new stgw or Mp you have to give it away anyway. Because according to our laws it is not possible to own such things. So just imagine - you just found a MP40 from Your attic. It is has been there for the last 65 years, in very good condition. What would You do? The only propper answer I can give you is to call to police... And they will take it away and destroy.

Page 80 of 222 FirstFirst ... 30 70 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 90 130 180 ... LastLast