Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 89 of 222 FirstFirst ... 39 79 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 99 139 189 ... LastLast

Stalingrad: digging near Gorodisсhe & Gumrak

Article about: by Sebastien I have not the metal detector I am feeling my ass where to dig Right now I have eyes, hands, feet and my spade is all that I use in my hobby

?

Default Re: Stalingrad: digging near Gorodisсhe & Gumrak

Ye a lot of trenches and bunkers was back filled. Very rarely people find semi intact bunkers. The roof construction is often made out of big logs. The rot and the roof collapses and fall to the floor. Then rain, vegetation and weather fill the hole up with soil.

Here is a good example of a quite large bunker we found in Belyi, the Rzhew salient. All the logs from the roof are now on the floor.

Stalingrad: digging near Gorodisсhe & Gumrak Stalingrad: digging near Gorodisсhe & Gumrak

Regards, Lars

One small find at a new job

100 kg bomb
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Stalingrad: digging near Gorodisсhe & Gumrak   Stalingrad: digging near Gorodisсhe & Gumrak  

My friend and I walked back to the north of Stalingrad ... Erzovka point
    We found shells for the German guns Pak38
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Stalingrad: digging near Gorodisсhe & Gumrak   Stalingrad: digging near Gorodisсhe & Gumrak  

Stalingrad: digging near Gorodisсhe & Gumrak   Stalingrad: digging near Gorodisсhe & Gumrak  

Stalingrad: digging near Gorodisсhe & Gumrak   Stalingrad: digging near Gorodisсhe & Gumrak  

Hi Sebastian,
    Is the tag still legilble?

Cheers,

Dan

Quote by dradubuh001 View Post
    Hi Sebastian,
    Is the tag still legilble?

Dan
    Hi Dan!
    Alas, no more

Also we found a rare item,
    from Soviet bombs ...

That bomb fin is just great !! Superb find.

A few parts of the German armored vehicles and motorcycles ... that my friends have found, lately
    Wheels from Demag, bracket dkw nz 350

?

Great finds my friend

Regards, Lars

This thread is never ending and amazing. I hope this stream of pictures and finds goes on for years!

?

Wow, that bomb is a good thing to stay away from!

The PAK ones will look great once they have been made safe.

I hope you are able to salvage all (warhead included) and not just the shell body.

Page 89 of 222 FirstFirst ... 39 79 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 99 139 189 ... LastLast