Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Tanks on a Norfolk beach

Article about: I feel for the troops, the government get them into it and can't be ar*ed to back them up, we need another man like Winny not the theiving lieing bunch of no hopers in Westminster . rant ove

?

Default Tanks on a Norfolk beach

Saw these on holiday in Norfolk. Turned East along the beach having walked through the bird reserve at Titchwell. I'm not very good on tanks. Any ideas, perhaps there's a story? I don't think I'm the first person to see them. Looks like they were used as targets at some point, judging by the holes. Apparently there is a Zeppelin engine in the reserve somewhere, fell off before it crashed at Thebberton.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Tanks on a Norfolk beach   Tanks on a Norfolk beach  

Tanks on a Norfolk beach  

Default Re: Tanks on a Norfolk beach

Interesting Ian,i've lived in Norfolk for 4yrs now & that's the first i've heard of it. I'll see if the local paper knows anything about it. They do a WW2 feature every Monday. Someone must at the very least remember it. Stewy S

Rick
    ?

NORFOLK COAST: Tanks for the memory at Titchwell Beach

Try This apparently a gunnery range

Regards
    Rick

?

Thanks both! Photo on the website is certainly the same one. I wonder what they were? Slightly too big to take home.

It looks like my first car!

rcs
    ?

Cromwell's?

Rick
    ?

I havent the foggiest if its not written down the side i haven't a clue, but as the web site says it was a ww2 d day training range they must have been past the sell by date in 1943. perhaps captured stuff from the desert?? just a guess.

Rick

PS wonder if they would qualify for the scrapage scheme, we could send a couple of new ones to the boys in Afganistan.

Quote by rcs View Post
    Cromwell's?
    Doubt they were Cromwells. Stewy S

Crusaders? They must be from D-Day landings,so i doubt they're Matildas. Stewy S

?

They could certainly do with them out in Afgahnistan. I was talking to a tank driver a while back. He claimed we had more tanks at the battle of Cambrai than we do now! can this be true? Depressingly the Russians had all the tanks and helicopters they wanted, unlimited manpower and no public relations worries.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast