Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here

Three small relics from Eastern Germany

Article about: Hi all. I picked these up from field just outside the town of Weissenberg in Germany. There was fighting around here during 1945 as part of the Battle of Bautzen so these could well be relat

Default Three small relics from Eastern Germany

Hi all. I picked these up from field just outside the town of Weissenberg in Germany. There was fighting around here during 1945 as part of the Battle of Bautzen so these could well be related to it. So can anyone help me identify these three things? The large circular things looks similar to tops of shells I have found in France (measures approx 50mm across). The long hollow thing looks like it could be part of a small shell thats missing its driving band and appears to have a brass or copper cap in the base? (approx 25mm across). And I can't even guess what the small round thing is, some sort of nut?

Any way, I hope you can all understand my highly technical terminology and maybe someone could help me out?

Many thanks in advance.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Three small relics from Eastern Germany   Three small relics from Eastern Germany  

Three small relics from Eastern Germany   Three small relics from Eastern Germany  

Three small relics from Eastern Germany   Three small relics from Eastern Germany  

?

Default Re: Three small relics from Eastern Germany

Some hard to tell items indeed Long thingy maybe a rifle grenade?

Regards, Lars

Good, suggestion. Like the one for the K98? hadnt even thought of that.

?

Could be I have found a few and they are about that diameter. Being hollow it should be a HE grenade. Could also be a detonation device for a much larger shell.

Cheers