Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here

Thrid Search of the holidays. On the encampment

Article about: Hello I didn't head out till 1pm today. Started off using the detecting then did a little bit of dump digging not bad reslults Haivng 2 days off then i'll be back on the hunt Merry Christmas

Default Thrid Search of the holidays. On the encampment

Hello

I didn't head out till 1pm today.

Started off using the detecting then did a little bit of dump digging

not bad reslults

Haivng 2 days off then i'll be back on the hunt

Merry Christmas

John

Ps sorry i havn't put to much detials in. will sort it out tomorrow
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Thrid Search of the holidays. On the encampment   Thrid Search of the holidays. On the encampment  

Thrid Search of the holidays. On the encampment   Thrid Search of the holidays. On the encampment  

Thrid Search of the holidays. On the encampment   Thrid Search of the holidays. On the encampment  

?

Default Re: Thrid Search of the holidays. On the encampment

That sites startingto look promising John.

If you weren't aware, the items that I recognise, (in the cleaned up photos) are or appear to be the following:

The buckles/clips are:
    The end piece off a rifle/LMG sling,
    a "C-clip" off the back of an ammo pouch/binocular pouch/pistol holster,
    the square buckle is from either the side of a 37ptn haversack or the top buckle off an ammo pouch
    Not sure what the rounded buckle is off. (I think it's from a respirator haversack, but not sure)

The big D loop is a kit bag lock. Its missing the end of the loop that would fit through a slot in the straight bar, a padlock would then be used to lock it together.

You also have what appear to be three buttons. I can't make out one of them, but the others appear to be a GS button and a dished metal one off a BD uniform.

Regards etc

Ian D

AKA: Jimpy

PS: PM sent

Thanks Jimpy i was so tied last night i couldn't be borthered to write it all down.

Picture 1: a mini-dump from while detecting tones of batterys in it
    2: 50cal found while detecting 43 TW this is the first .50cal from the site,
    3: a few bits from the ointment dump extremely rooty but worth it in the end. Dug this towards the end of the day as my batterys ran out
    4: Kit bag lock from the dump. 5th one from this site
    5: Tooth brush Johnson & Johnson. found while digging a button up
    6: Fork, Bored Soilder
    7: rifle barrel cleaning rods. must have found 20 of them
    8:George the 5th halfpenny, GS button and trouser button
    9: Read Jimpys post
    10: Gas mask dimming
    11 & 12 .50cal and buckle cleaned off

Cheers

John

Nice finds WH. I've found a few kit bag 'locks' and all show the same damage as yours...........missing padlock eyelet. Muct have been a common problem

I can't find the thread either, so here's the nuts I found, a picture of them in place in the bombs, and a picture of the two brass tail pistols I found on the same visit

Cheers

Steve T
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Thrid Search of the holidays. On the encampment   Thrid Search of the holidays. On the encampment  

Thanks Steve i've saved the pictures.

If you look at picture 3 just above the brass bag lock you can see that i dug a steel bag lock up as well

Cheers

John