Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast

Tripple helmet day! plus more!!!

Article about: Nice I love the dental mirror. Have you tried it yet ? Looks like it will still do its job quite nicely Steve T

Default Re: Tripple helmet day! plus more!!!

Well done lucky that helmet is A+++++++

A coke cola bottle

E-UGB-38

I guess mine would be dated 1938?

Luckystrikes also found one
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Tripple helmet day! plus more!!!   Tripple helmet day! plus more!!!  

Finally finished cleaning last weekends finds, there were also plenty of WW2 type bottles that aren't worth showing here but will be going into the Relic Rescue and Preservation Groups fund.

First up is a British kit bag clamp.

A nice pretty much complete glass accumulator battery.

A US water bottle cup, Ive found a few of the aluminium type in the past but this is the first all steel one I've recovered. This one appears to be a tin coated example rather than the zinc preservation method. Sadly its too rusted to read any markings it may have once carried. Another picture for reference is shown out of order in last position on this post

A selection of bottles, including a nice company addressed poison bottle that could actually be pre war. There's also a Lysol bottle, a couple of Optrex eye baths, a wide mouthed hexagonal poison that probably contained a dry powder, a large pint sized mug, an ink bottle with pen rest and a WW2 style beer bottle. I love these war time beer bottles the design was a radical rethink on the old style which had a wide and long neck for UK beer bottles. A saving in glass of one third to one half on the old ones. These bottles are still quite weighty manufactured for strength for reuse, unlike the thin glass disposable continental beer bottles of today that still use this shape.

A nicely corroded War Department fork.

A wooden chess piece.

A toothpaste tube SOLIDOX and a huge toothbrush handle, never seen one like this before when found thought it was a baby's hair brush. The yellow one is the standard sized war time one for scale.

A Coca Cola bottle probably UK manufactured, this one is marked the same as Whitehunters posted previously but mine is marked 43 I guess 1943.

An enameled candle stick holder, when cleaned it still contained the remains of the last candle.

Three footwarmers, these are probably pre war but Im thinking as the dump site contains plenty of brick rubble and house clearance items Im wondering if perhaps bomb damaged property was cleared away and dumped here. If so perhaps thats how these ended up here? But of course it could just be that rubber hot water bottles were coming into use around this time and being so much more comfortable on your feet these old stoney footwarmers could just have been dumped after being replaced.

The remains of what appears to be a pocket watch with a difference, its made of bakelite?

Thats it for now
    LUCKYSTRIKE
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Tripple helmet day! plus more!!!  

Fun stuff mate. Good job with the clean up

Finaly got around to cleang the gasmask i found.

Hope you like this one Danny
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Tripple helmet day! plus more!!!   Tripple helmet day! plus more!!!  

Tripple helmet day! plus more!!!   Tripple helmet day! plus more!!!  

Nice one WH. Nicely dated too

Steve T

That looks fantastic! Amazing that the rubber has survived

Thanks

Danny

You've cleaned that one up well, nice find.
    If the rubber is supple enough to get the two edges of the tear together a line of superglue along the edges and hold them together for a couple of mins and its fixed. You can also improve the colour of the rubber and hide rust stains by using black boot polish and rubbing it in.
    Good work a nice relic, now its time to get on with the other one .
    LS

Hi guys!
    Me and Lucky are back today. Will keep you updated this is a live report from the dig.

Just pulled the first helmet of the day,

Firewatchers helmet

Just about to pull another one will keep you updated

John

Latest findings

Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast