Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

UK Village dump :- Button Stick

Article about: Wow what a lovely historic and rare bottle you have there, that's a GREAT find you're very lucky to have one that early. The earliest that I've found dates 1780 to 1810ish. I'll post a few p

Default Re: UK Village dump :- Button Stick

Wow what a lovely historic and rare bottle you have there, that's a GREAT find you're very lucky to have one that early. The earliest that I've found dates 1780 to 1810ish. I'll post a few pics of some of my collection soon. I'm sorry for the delay.
    All the Best.
    LUCKYSTRIKE

Looking forward to it luckystrike!
    Any idea about value? Not that i want to sell, but always fun to know. Ive talked to one collector online and he didnt want to give me a value estimate, but he bid me 100£. I found it while freediving/spearfishing and it just lay there in the sand.

Thats a nice way to find it, always remember if you found one then there's always a chance there'll be more there. I'd say the value is more likely to be £200, if you wanted to get an accurate valuation post a picture on the forum link below there are plenty of experts on there who can help. Bottle Digging UK
    LUCKYSTRIKE

thanks. Ill check put it up on the forum when i get the time

Yeah i found another bottle there but i was told that one was 1890-1900. So i dont really understand that place. Its hard to imagine that they could be connected. But ill check it out in the winter when visibility gets better and some storms have passed by and moved the sand. I also wish that i could bring someone with scuba gear, its not easy digging trough sand while only holding your breath

Thats a nice bottle, did you find it in the sea?

?

Quote by LUCKYSTRIKE View Post
    Anyway normally I wouldn't have bothered posting this, but when I cleaned it up I found a British (Army?) Service Number stamped into the peice 3526856, because its seven digits its pre 1920?.
    Thanks if you can help.
    LUCKYSTRIKE.
    Hi mate.

Just because the service number is only 7 digits long doesnot mean that it is pre-1920.
    My late grandfather joined up in 1939 and his was 7 digits long.

Regards etc.
    Ian

AKA: Jimpy

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2