Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here

Unidentified weapons parts

Article about: I found this items within a few feet, as if everything larger was collected for use as scrap metal. The pedal made me think it might have been some small AA gun, or something similar with a

Default Unidentified weapons parts

I found this items within a few feet, as if everything larger was collected for use as scrap metal. The pedal made me think it might have been some small AA gun, or something similar with a trigger pedal. The battlefield dates of mid-april 1945.
    Any clue?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Unidentified weapons parts   Unidentified weapons parts  

Unidentified weapons parts  

Default Re: Unidentified weapons parts

These are all parts from a WW2 US Ford GPW Jeep.

The pedal is for the clutch. (Willys MB Jeep pedals were rectangular)

The large item is the bell crank arm and forms part of the steering and is from the front axle.

The part located between the bell crank and pedal is a bearing shell from the crankshaft in the engine.

Cheers, Ade.

Quote by Adrian Stevenson View Post
    These are all parts from a WW2 US Ford GPW Jeep.

The pedal is for the clutch. (Willys MB Jeep pedals were rectangular)

The large item is the bell crank arm and forms part of the steering and is from the front axle.

The part located between the bell crank and pedal is a bearing shell from the crankshaft in the engine.

Cheers, Ade.
    spot on adrian. as an ex jeep owner i can confirm that. if you are the adrian i think you are, dont you have a jeep yourself ? cheers, mike

Hi Mike, yes I am Still have my Jeep.

Cheers, Ade.

Cool, a Ford Jeep!
    Thanks Ade!

Quote by Adrian Stevenson View Post
    Hi Mike, yes I am Still have my Jeep.

Cheers, Ade.
    probably not the right place to say this but hello and all the best wishes. you were the only one who managed to turn up pics of 1/2 ton radio vans in sevice when i put a request in windsreen .do you remember ?. for that once again many thanks. i kinda thought it may be you by your avatar but i think i only met you once and i wasnt sure. if i remember your jeep was nice , marked up airborne and had radio kit on board.cheers, mike

Hi Mike, Yes, that is me. I still have the photos of the Van taken in North Africa. Never seen any more pics of them in the years since.

Here is a pic of my Jeep in it's current guise. Still in British Airborne configuration.

Hi Auseklis, you will be able to see the pedal in the pic.

Cheers, Ade.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Unidentified weapons parts   Unidentified weapons parts