Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Untouched Battlefield Found - Papua New Guinea

Article about: Thought I would share with the forum this article a co-worker forwarded me. Amazing that there are still untouched sites like this. At least now the fallen can be properly laid to rest... Lo

?

Default Untouched Battlefield Found - Papua New Guinea

Thought I would share with the forum this article a co-worker forwarded me. Amazing that there are still untouched sites like this.

At least now the fallen can be properly laid to rest...

Lost WWII battlefield found -? war dead included – This Just In - CNN.com Blogs

Default Re: Untouched Battlefield Found - Papua New Guinea

That is absolutely amazing. I cannot believe that they had just been sitting there like that for 70 years!

As for the find, WOW! Not sure who captioned the pics, apparently a "news" person. PIC #7 IDs "Japanese" grenades. They look alot like Millsbombs. They may have been acquired/captured by the Japanese or were left by the Australians. A great find, regardless. At least a few families will be able to give proper burials for their long missing kin.

Blimey !

What a story !

Thanks for sharing

Steve T

This has to be deep in the jungle.

Yep, I just commented on that site...what a bunch of morons posted there. Another reason to keep the gene pool shallow
    And I fully agree, they are Mills grenades, you can see the fill plug and base plug clearly. Danny