Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Unusual question: is there paranormal activity in Kurland?

Article about: I wasn,t sure whether to put this in or not but one morning when I went into my toy room (Thats what the wife calls it) there lying on the chair was a Map of Berlin with Hitler on the back o

Default Re: Unusual question: is there paranormal activity in Kurland?

So....what happens if a person should, say, recover Two relics from the same spot and soldier? The ghost takes turns going back and forth between your piece and the other which was sold and shipped to a collector in Scotland or do you get Half a ghost?
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Apparently in the spirt world Physics are no longer relevent. No such thing as distance or time so year both items would have something attached

Quote by tailor marc View Post
    Apparently in the spirt world Physics are no longer relevent. No such thing as distance or time so year both items would have something attached
    A quantum ghost eh?

Unusual question: is there paranormal activity in Kurland?

My two cents, 'tis all smoke and mirrors of some description or other. We are but self-aware stardust.

I guess that I'm just lucky, then. I've collected this stuff for over a half a century and have never had any untoward experience of any kind, despite the fact that ,unlike many, over the years I would eventually also pick up some horribly ghastly stuff such as KZ articles,Ghetto pieces, battlefield dug rings and pocket pieces, etc. One person I used to know actually collected Skulls....the more deformed and bizarre the better, and never a ghostly peep.

On a lighter note, though, I do rather like my theory of the more relics the site digs up, the smaller the bit of ghost attached is. It would be rather interesting to have, say, a 2 inch German ghost running around cursing you in German everytime you pick up your collectable of his....
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Quote by Wagriff View Post
    On a lighter note, though, I do rather like my theory of the more relics the site digs up, the smaller the bit of ghost attached is. It would be rather interesting to have, say, a 2 inch German ghost running around cursing you in German everytime you pick up your collectable of his....
    hahaha classic!

Exclamation Re: Unusual question: is there paranormal activity in Kurland?

A good friend of mine and fellow librarian was the head librarian for the US Holocaust Museum in D.C.

In the main exhibit hall are loads of eyeglasses, luggage, children's toys, hair, shoes etc. taken from the people just before they went to the "showers" to be liquidated. All of this stuff came from the huge storage bins at KL Auschwitz and is on display at the USHM.

My buddy told me that they had given up on getting cleaning staff to work in the display areas at night as there had been may reports of voices, screams, faint chanting and even of objects moving by themselves. He said that over the years there had been too many reports to be discounted as hallucination... he himself in fact said that at times he would feel a strange chill in specific areas of the hall and would not linger. This is a guy that does not believe in ghosts.
    Interestingly enough the work done at the USHM has found that there are many times more KLs and extermination sites than previously thought... thousands more.

?

I walked through the memorial for the Nanking (Nanjing) Massacre. It was in broad daylight and I didn't hear anything but that was probably the creepiest moment of my life. Of course I had nothing to worry about as I'm not a Jap.

Part of the memorial is walls and walls of stacked skulls of the victims of the massacre. It is a very sad and mournful place.

I am not a terribly superstitious person, I trained in science and am not religious, but the reason I only look at relics and never buy them is because of things like these. Better safe than sorry.

Hmmm, this is a very interesting thread. Ever since I started looking for MIAs in Kurland with my friends in one of the official search groups there I have been told of various very odd things happening. This continues every year I've gone there for new expeditions. I certainly have a story or two to tell but as previous posts have said, it all comes down to whether you believe in such things or not. Eerie absolutely, wherever you dig.

?

You can't leave us hanging like that Hanselshrn! Story time please!

yes, please tell

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast