Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast

Unusual question: is there paranormal activity in Kurland?

Article about: I wasn,t sure whether to put this in or not but one morning when I went into my toy room (Thats what the wife calls it) there lying on the chair was a Map of Berlin with Hitler on the back o

Default Re: Unusual question: is there paranormal activity in Kurland?

Hanselshrn - if there was ever a place to tell your stories to an unbiased audience, this would be it.

I am not a digger, I would like to be and love reading the threads here, I also buy dug items that I like on Ebay and enjoy them in my office, but I am a workaholic, and make movies: the places that have sent shivers down my spine more consistently than anywhere else are old, disused lunatic asylums and prisons.
    (I hope you don't mind me throwing this into the mix.)
    #1. Hanwell Hospital in London, (Victorian bldg, but older sub-structure - I was there in 1987.)
    #2. Ohio State reformatory, Mansfield, Ohio (main stone structure built 1861.)
    #3. Linda Vista, Hospital, Los Angeles (main structure 1920's.)

Very high crew turnover - people just didn't want to be there, lol - things went missing - accidents happened, people got hurt/burnt.

Pit.

?

When I was 16~17yrs old i went to Belsen. There were 'stories' or old wives tales of a strange phenomena, that no birds fly over the camp nor nest in the trees that ring the whole place or that other animals walk in its grounds or you cannot hrar birds singing , i spent nearly half a day there and i can say that it is TRUE ,there were no mole hills nor rabbit holes either ,another strange feature is that you cant hear the vehicle outside on the autobahn,the only non human sound you could hear were the heavy artillery gun being fired on the ranges miles away, that was a very eerie but humblling experience , you could feel an oppresive and sad atmosphere which has always stuck with me over the years, they say that animals sense things or recognise when something isnt right,so why not some humans

I guess being in movies Pit you would be familiar with the stories associated with the making of the Gettysburg mini series.
    The battle field sounds at night and this one,
    Quote,
    Civil War battles have been the subject of many motion pictures, but one of the best and most moving was 1993’s Gettysburg. During the filming of that movie, much of which was done right on location at the actual battlefields, some of the participants had an unexplained encounter. Because the film required so many extras to serve as soldiers, the production hired re-enactors who regularly portray the Union and Confederate armies.

During a break in filming one day, several of the extras were resting at Little Round Top and admiring the setting sun. They were approached by grizzled old man, who they described as wearing a ragged and scorched Union uniform and smelling of sulfur gunpowder. He talked to them about how furious the battle was as he passed around spare rounds of ammunition, then went on his way.

At first, the extras assumed he was part of the production company, but their minds changed when they looked closely at the ammunition he gave them. They took the rounds to the man in charge of giving out such props for the movie, and he said they did not come from him. It turns out the ammunition from the strange old man were genuine musket rounds from that period.

Nearly every major battlefield on the planet has some form of paranormal story attached to it. Fact or fiction, Who knows.

All the best
    Dave

?

Funny you mention films and locations i was an extra in tv and films,one location was for a series of HG WELLS , an old deserted victorian mental hospital outside of Croydon , one of the cameramen was told to take his equipment into one particular room,within a few minutes he came out and said to the director ' theres no f##king way im going in there again'the director laughed at him and said 'your talking a load of b###ocks whats the matter with you' and walked inside he came a minute or two later and said 'f##k it we dont need to film in there ' and walked off,none of us went in that room and the cameraman wouldnt tell us why he walked out or the director

There are plenty of academic studies that offer possible explanations to these experiences...i emphasise the word possible

I collect, therefore I am.

Nothing in science can explain how consciousness arose from matter.

?

My contribution:

I have been to Rzhew/The Meat Grinder a few times(I have been in many places). Second time was to a place one i my friends have been digging a few years back at the time. He was scared to go there again because he said that when they were there, camping at night they heard all sorts of strange voices etc at night. There must have been something about because he was not happy going there again. He was also asking if i was sure i wanted to go there. I was sure... The 3 days we spent camping there absolutely nothing happened. In all the places i have been i have never encountered anything paranormal. Some places can have a "heavy" atmosphere, but that can also be because you know where you are and how many died there. However there's one place in Bryansk where the atmosphere surely is quite heavy.

Pics from the "haunted" place in "The Meat Grinder"

Regards, Lars

Quote by Tango View Post
    Well Paul if you are sitting comfortable.. I shall begin.. It was summer 1997..around 0430 hours.. We had taken the recruits into an ambush site..but we were too early to move in!! So what we done is put the recruits down in all round defence..& myself along with 3 other members of the training team moved to about 25 metres away..Now I might like to add we were in the thickest pine wood I have ever been in!!! It was that thick you had to crawl along....even then you got 100s of
    needles down the back of your smock..Anyway we were well away from the recruits just chilling like
    you...with the ground mist rolling in..All of a sudden somebody stand hello..bareing in mind we were all on 1 elbow because you couldn't stand up "thick woods"....I with the other 3 lads looked around ..& stood there I jest you not was a postman..looking like he was wearing 1950s stuff "Heartbeat" age....We all
    looked each other thinking what the f**k..turned around & he was gone!! Now bareing in mind these
    woods were thick, this is an Army training area & the nearest house about 5 miles away...and it was 0430 hours...Also we didn't see him come or go!!!! oohhhh now thats scary.. lol.. Thats it the Postman ghost story... Now don't slate me too much lol Cheers Terry.
    Was he carrying a bill? Those bastards seem to pop up out of thin air at my place!

Quote by sandgroper View Post
    Was he carrying a bill? Those bastards seem to pop up out of thin air at my place!
    Only like to see them pop up when carying a parcel ...I ordered!
    ;-)
    |<
    Always looking for Belgian Congo stuff!
    http://out-of-congo.eklablog.com/

cheers
    |<ris

Quote by Datrus View Post
    My contribution:

I have been to Rzhew/The Meat Grinder a few times(I have been in many places). Second time was to a place one i my friends have been digging a few years back at the time. He was scared to go there again because he said that when they were there, camping at night they heard all sorts of strange voices etc at night. There must have been something about because he was not happy going there again. He was also asking if i was sure i wanted to go there. I was sure... The 3 days we spent camping there absolutely nothing happened. In all the places i have been i have never encountered anything paranormal. Some places can have a "heavy" atmosphere, but that can also be because you know where you are and how many died there. However there's one place in Bryansk where the atmosphere surely is quite heavy.

Pics from the "haunted" place in "The Meat Grinder"

Regards, Lars
    I see you took the dog along!
    Must be the reason, you didn't get bothered...
    ;-)
    |<
    Always looking for Belgian Congo stuff!
    http://out-of-congo.eklablog.com/

cheers
    |<ris

Quote by 4thskorpion View Post
    Only God can explain everything as everything is a product of His divine creation
    Regarding your signature... Imagination is limited too...
    How do you describe music to the deaf?
    How do you describe touch to those who can't feel?
    How do you describe colour to the blind? Or another -->
    If there was a new colour called Quela (or anything random) could you imagine what it looks like?
    Go on...try to imagine another colour.
    Can you imagine a squared circle?

(no connection with the thread but i couldn't resist)

Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast