Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here

US 9th AIR FORCE AIR BASE FINDS

Article about: Hi every one iv found these on an old 9th airforce base in essex but im haveing problems finding out much about them can you help? They all came out of the same pond hole behind an old hards

Default US 9th AIR FORCE AIR BASE FINDS

Hi every one iv found these on an old 9th airforce base in essex but im haveing problems finding out much about them can you help? They all came out of the same pond hole behind an old hardstanding. The 1st piece has RYAN AERONAUTICAL co stamped on it and the part number 5223264 14

The 2nd piece is just a smallpiece of tube allso RYAN AERONAUTICAL with the part number 10420 and it has a pat number 2,219,752.

And last but not least. I found loads of CINE KODAK SPOOLS deeper in the mud than the aircraft parts so must be from the war. Would these be from aircraft or just a survice man takeing snap shots?

There is absolutely loads of stuff in this old pond so i will keep you all posted as and when i get time to go back and grab some more.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture US 9th AIR FORCE AIR BASE FINDS   US 9th AIR FORCE AIR BASE FINDS  

US 9th AIR FORCE AIR BASE FINDS   US 9th AIR FORCE AIR BASE FINDS  

US 9th AIR FORCE AIR BASE FINDS  

?

Default Re: US 9th AIR FORCE AIR BASE FINDS

The spools might be whats left from used gun camera films ?

Which type of aircraft were based at this airfield? If there were fighters then it does seem likely that these were indeed film reels from gun cameras ... is there any indication of the size of filme .... I think it should be 16mm ....? Alternatively, if the airfield was occupied by bombers then the reels might be from bomb strike cameras ... in whcih case, I think, the film is likely to be 8mm ... anyway, some great finds!
    Gremlin

Thanks you 2 i had not thort about that at all.
    There were bombers and fighters hear so could be ither. There is no markings on the reels to help with the size is there any other way of telling what size film was on them??

There were bombers and fighters hear so could be ither. There is no markings on the reels to help with the size is there any other way of telling what size film was on them??[/QUOTE]

Iv found out it is 16mm film reel so looks like its off of the fighters witch were here in ww2. (How good's that)

MCLMM
    ?

The "smallpiece of tube allso RYAN AERONAUTICAL with the part number 10420 and it has a pat number 2,219,752" is a tube joint.

If you find items with a patent number like this you can track down their basic function through google patents.

Here's the patent for the tube joint - UNIVERSAL TUBE JOINT - Google Patent Search

Nice one MCLMM
    I didnt know there was such a thing as Google patent search.

Hi 381st Digger. Did you ever find out what the Ryan Aeronautical parts were from? I just picked one up too