Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

A US Army camp in England that still lives ! (Two World Wars of GI tree graffiti)

Article about: Here are some pictures of tree graffiti carved by bored GI's during both World Wars. The pictures were taken a few years ago but the trees are still there a tangible living link with the pas

Default Re: A US Army camp in England that still lives ! (Two World Wars of GI tree graffiti)

Hi James,
    Thanks for your reply, it was a pleasure sending you the details, like you I am also very interested in this real 'Living History' and the more thats recorded and brought to the publics attention the more new WW2 graffiti tree sites will be discovered. Congratualations on your latest find a lovely photo. Hopefully you'll find more to the area.
    Best Wishes.
    LS

mooey
    ?

Default Re: A US Army camp in England that still lives ! (Two World Wars of GI tree graffiti)

hi i though you might find this interesting i live in stroud glos and just outside painswick there is manor house called coco gardens by the roadside by the estate there are several trees with pre d day dates , units names , and one with a marvalous pinup girl i hope this is helpful

Charlie's gravesite at the Holten Canadian War Cemetery in Holland:
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture A US Army camp in England that still lives ! (Two World Wars of GI tree graffiti)  
    Regards,

Steve.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2