Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

US Army Dump Dig Finds and Pictures!

Article about: thanks for a great day out Tim! my finds of the day.....unopened Carlisle tin,steralising unit base,hypodermic syringe needle..& LOTS of bottles! Al

Default Re: US Army Dump Dig Finds and Pictures!

Right, got the photos off the phone, so here we go:-
    First photo is some of the stencils.
    Second is metal finds, including a foot/brake plate from a vehicle, and a complete whistle, nurses belt buckle.
    Third, bits of plates and bowls and a nearly complete cup, all with markings.
    Forth is some of the many bottles, a button, and the 'nob' cream
    Fifth, the 'nob' cream turns out to be "Craig-Martin paste" toothpaste link to info:- Teeth - Part 2
    Sixth is a close up of my Etched Admiralty Arrow Bottle (thanks for the link)
    And last, my great-coat button.
    Regards to all, Simon.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture US Army Dump Dig Finds and Pictures!   US Army Dump Dig Finds and Pictures!  

US Army Dump Dig Finds and Pictures!   US Army Dump Dig Finds and Pictures!  

US Army Dump Dig Finds and Pictures!   US Army Dump Dig Finds and Pictures!  

US Army Dump Dig Finds and Pictures!  

Some excellent finds guys !

Well done to all who managed to get along

Steve T

Indeed, well done to all

Cheers, Ade.

Tim, thanks for organising what was a great day. Spent most of yesterday cleaning and polishing an old US button! Not the best find ever but probably the best digging for many years! Ejoyed everyone's company and very much up for another day or even weekend. Phot to follow. David (AKA Billers).

Great pictures , very good for those of us who were unable to get to the dig. What a great idea to get some of our members together, all with similar interests. It must have been good to see others and put faces to names of friends who have never met in person?
    Please keep the pictures coming.
    Thanks to all.
    navyman.

I'm mid way through the cleaning of my finds, I'll post pics as soon as poss. Just thought I'd show you these in as found. They're all now enjoying a good bath/soak to loosen the surface rust.
    LUCKYSTRIKE
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture US Army Dump Dig Finds and Pictures!  

Very nice mags LS

Curiously I have just received one in the post from an auction site......a good condition one that is

Just one word of caution to you guys with the vials and ampoules. I am a pharmacist so please be careful with them. Back in the 1940's many medicines still contained very toxic compounds such as mercuric chloride, Arsenic, Strychnine hydrochloride, belladonna and many more.

Also please remember that the majority of the medicines used on the battlefield were for pain relief so a lot of the stuff you found could easily contain high concentrations of morphine and opium.

If any of the liquid leaks out, for heaven's sake clear it up quickly and if it gets on your hands, wash them quickly. And don't let children fiddle with full vials or ampoules !

Cheers

Steve T

Quote by LUCKYSTRIKE View Post
    I'm mid way through the cleaning of my finds, I'll post pics as soon as poss. Just thought I'd show you these in as found. They're all now enjoying a good bath/soak to loosen the surface rust.
    LUCKYSTRIKE
    Fantastic pictures guys and keep em coming in. Ive got few more add yet and will get em on asap! Thanx guys for all the kind words and all i wanted was for all who came along to be happy with their day out and im glad you all were. Gonna post another date and see who can make it, as i think we only scratched the surface with the finds and i think theres loads more just waiting to be found! Regards, Tim.

Steve T, Cheers for the advice. We were joking at the time about the possible contents of the bottles, especially with the knowledge of what the Yanks were up to with our women over here
    Regards, Simon.

Looks like quite a treasure trove.
    Good Deal. Makes me want to move back home to the UK now.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast