Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

US Army Dump Dig-NEW DATE!

Article about: A bit of historical background for the site.... From the location it would appear to be the tip for the Honeybourne Depot, which housed a number of US Army depots during WWII. The primary si

Default Re: US Army Dump Dig-NEW DATE!

Quote by ALLAN PRICE View Post
    could join in with this as we're in worcester!
    Your welcome! Just turn up on the day at the given time and place and have a good day out!

I'm committed to watching the school 'Mock Trial' at Worcester Magistrates Court but will try and pursuade everyone to call in on our way back. Otherwise I'm local enough to help out any other time. David

Quote by jimpy View Post
    Hi Tim

ShadowWolf and me are n contact with each other with a view to being there.

Regads etc

Ian D

AKA : Jimpy
    Thats what i like to hear guys-lets get it on! The more the better and if i introduce everyone who comes to Mr & Mrs Bomford who own the land im sure they wont mind any of you going again whenever you like. I dont mind sharing anything i know with likewise minded enthusiasts as history should be accessible to us all. There was one particularly good location there i want to try and get into by the stream, last time it was overgrown with ruddy bramble so will see what ive got bushwhacker wise and see if i can tackle it this time. Should be good guys! Regards Tim.

I'll keep working on the Mrs Tim.

If I get there I'll bring my scythe with me.....brambles don't stand a CHANCE !

Steve T

Now have permission from Mrs B to spend afternoon across digging. Will be there around 2. Will bring detector and happy for those without to have a go. Have never met you guys but looking forward to catching up. David

Hi Tim,
    I've been following your posts with great interest. Its a very kind offer giving the forum members the opportunity for a search and meet up. I've been working on my wife about this and am pleased to say I've got the green light to come over, so I'll be aim to arrive around 10.00, its a bit of a drive from the South but it'll be worth it. If nothing else other than to meet up with other forum members. I have a detector and various digging tools so I'm looking forward to it.
    I noticed that to the South of the riding school there appears to be an old grided camp of huts I guess this is the former Army/Airforce camp?, its amazing that they've survived so complete. I also found mention of a POW camp in the village so I'm guessing the prisoners stayed there when the troops moved to the continent? All sounds very interesting so there's even a chance of the odd German or Italian goody.
    All the best.
    LUCKYSTRIKE aka Adrian

Quote by LUCKYSTRIKE View Post
    Hi Tim,
    I've been following your posts with great interest. Its a very kind offer giving the forum members the opportunity for a search and meet up. I've been working on my wife about this and am pleased to say I've got the green light to come over, so I'll be aim to arrive around 10.00, its a bit of a drive from the South but it'll be worth it. If nothing else other than to meet up with other forum members. I have a detector and various digging tools so I'm looking forward to it.
    I noticed that to the South of the riding school there appears to be an old grided camp of huts I guess this is the former Army/Airforce camp?, its amazing that they've survived so complete. I also found mention of a POW camp in the village so I'm guessing the prisoners stayed there when the troops moved to the continent? All sounds very interesting so there's even a chance of the odd German or Italian goody.
    All the best.
    LUCKYSTRIKE aka Adrian
    Thats great Adrian and will be good to have you on the dig! Theres a few places of interest locally inc an old Polish camp amongst others. The old airfield at Honeybourne still retains many original features and i have been around there on numerous occassions. I do recall going there as a lad before it became an industrial estate, but got chased by a load of angry cows lol! You never know what you might find as the surrounding fields have yet to be checked out too. Look forward to seeing you Adrian and best regards, Tim.

OMG! I've just been checking the area on google maps sat' view. Can't believe the number of crop marks and earthworks in and around that area.

Good luck chaps! Looking forward to seeing the results.

Martyn.

hi,can you give the postcode again as i just typed the one given into AA routefinder & it says its not a valid postcode????
    thanks,
    Al

I would love to help i have an E-trac but im right down on the South Coast

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast