Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

The Verdun Militaria Shop does exist ! Address !

Article about: Afternoon All Just the spent the weekend walking the forests and woods of Verdun/Argonne. Will post some pics of things seen and bought in a couple of days but I know there has been some con

Talking The Verdun Militaria Shop does exist ! Address !

Afternoon All

Just the spent the weekend walking the forests and woods of Verdun/Argonne. Will post some pics of things seen and bought in a couple of days but I know there has been some conjecture regarding a Militaria shop in the town of Verdun, is there one? is it still open etc.... so
    THERE IS, and it is still trading !!!
    The address is La Tranchee du Poilu, 18 Avenue De Douamont. If you go to the tourist info centre ( there are 2 opposite each other ) they will direct you but it is easy. Walk up from the tourist info and turn right, over the footbridge and its on the left. ( There is also a shop called Antiquities on the other side of the road which you will pass first, that also has some militaria and is worth a look).
    The shop has relic and non relic stuff from both World Wars. French and German helmets, pickelhaube, bayonets, shell fragments, all kinds of stuff, its like a heaven ! And his prices are very good too.
    Don`t miss it if you are in the area !!! Opening times are a little unusual : Tuesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday. His brochure states open 9-12 then 2 till 6 on those days but when I went on Saturday it was just 2-6.
    ENJOY !!!

Default Re: The Verdun Militaria Shop does exist ! Address !

[QUOTE=PHILBROWN;40156] most folks treat a militaria shop as a museumQUOTE]
    ...they do so with antiques shops as well!!