Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast

A very interesting find! "To the Soviet 16th Army"

Article about: by Aleksander P Mortality rate in the camps was extremely high and even if you we're freed, you'd most likely end up in a gulag. Stalin saw prisoners of war, as traitors of the motherland, b

I agree, very reasonable price.

Cheers, Mads

?

Quote by Aleksander P View Post
    Great finds Lars! It makes me want to go digging . I'm interested in acquiring one too, a very unique piece.
    You should come over this season at some time if you can That would be cool mate!

Cheers

?

If you have requested one and not received a PM please let me know

Cheers

?

Did tou recieve the payment Lars?
    Collect ROA, Cossack, Schuma and other WW2 Volunteer militaria.

"Be Humble and kind, for you may find that it was Odin you entertained"

I'm also interested in one.

Thanks for heads up and payment sent !
    Looking for following WWII German items:
    - anything dealing with Allenstein (Olsztyn) and Wehrkreis I in East Prussia,
    - entrenching tool carrier (straight and folding),
    - forestry and hunting items,

Polish Militaria 1914-1945 - https://www.facebook.com/groups/124584324789966/
    GTA Militaria - Discussions and Sales - https://www.facebook.com/groups/890720157646923/

Quote by Datrus View Post

You should come over this season at some time if you can That would be cool mate!

Cheers
    I will at some time for sure, its a must . I just need to save up some money first.

?

Interesting, never seen such containers for leaflets. I can't understand how they was realised to break the container, due normally black powder charge break the thin cup of the shell/ rifle grenade. But breaking the egg grenade is not too easy
    Regards,
    Dimas

my Skype: warrelics

?

I agree, Dimas. As mentioned in post #40 - a very odd method of delievery.

?

Quote by Dimas View Post
    Interesting, never seen such containers for leaflets. I can't understand how they was realised to break the container, due normally black powder charge break the thin cup of the shell/ rifle grenade. But breaking the egg grenade is not too easy
    I agree Dimas. It's some very strange devices indeed. I will guess they are "front line" made. It's a very simple/crude modification. The Detonator inside the empty Mauser round is small and stamped with a "T" at the bottom. All i can say is that the Germans have made these. How useful they were and how often they were used i have no idea about. We have never found such grenades before. Anyway i think the M39 egg did not have to be cracked open. It looks like the M39 would just break into two halves. You can see the leaflets sticking out of a grenade in one of the pics. Top row far right grenade The leaflets were held together by a twisted steel wire.

Cheers

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast